Need advice on video card

Old March 31st 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Need advice on video card

jeff22 schrieb:
I am planning a new system. It will be used for several different
tasks. Specifically, I will be using Photoshop and Premiere Pro. I
also will be using Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition) all of
the time.

I want the best video card I can get but I am not sure...

The two that I have heard the most about at the high end (sticking with
nVidia) would be the geForce 7900 and the Quadro 4500. The Quadro is
much more expensive. I understand that is supports dual link x2 but
other than that, what is the better card and why?

The GeForce 7900 is for gaming, and the Quadro is for professional
work. The list of Quadro Partner Certified Drivers

http://www.nvidia.com/page/partner_certified_drivers.html

may help you to gain insight into the application field for a Quadro 4500.

Roy
Old April 4th 06, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:06:20 -0800, jeff22 wrote:
The two that I have heard the most about at the high end (sticking with
nVidia) would be the geForce 7900 and the Quadro 4500. The Quadro is much
more expensive. I understand that is supports dual link x2 but other than
that, what is the better card and why?

So does the 7900...

http://www.bfgtech.com/7900GT_256_PCIX.html

Connectors 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDTV

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Jeffries MBCS CITP ZCE | gPHPEdit Lead Developer
http://www.gphpedit.org | PHP editor for Gnome 2