Need advice on video card

Old March 22nd 06, 08:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Need advice on video card

jeff22 wrote:
At first I thought you were calling me names.
I don't understand what you are talking about.
I asked a question. I tried to clarify.

Did I post something wrong? Did I somehow offend you?

you just disagreed with him about microphones and a few other points.

john is just a dickhead like that - unless you want to rattle his chain then
krill file him. but he is fun to annoy since he is the self appointed holy
warrior of the group.

HTH HAND and john - GFIA!

BWWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Old March 22nd 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I'm ever so sorry. I guess I should have known not to disagree with
him.
Jeff

Old March 22nd 06, 10:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

jeff22 wrote:
I'm ever so sorry. I guess I should have known not to disagree with
him.
Jeff

it's alright everyone has to find out for themselves - just remember its fun
to watch him have a temper tantrum

Old March 23rd 06, 02:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"sbb78247" sbb78247 ****off.com wrote:

jeff22 wrote:
At first I thought you were calling me names.
I don't understand what you are talking about.
I asked a question. I tried to clarify.

Did I post something wrong? Did I somehow offend you?

you just disagreed with him about microphones and a few other
points.

The usual troll.

But in fact, jeff22 claims to know what he is talking about, then he
makes a ludicrous statement about the very same subject. One can
assume he's not that stupid, which just leaves trolling (I guess).

john is just a dickhead like that -

At least you are obvious about it. Or maybe you were just brought up
that way.

unless you want to rattle his chain then
krill file him.

But as any experienced USENET user should know, that just means I get to
talk behind his back.

From: "sbb78247" sbb78247 ****off.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Need advice on video card
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 01:14:06 +0545

Old March 23rd 06, 03:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

John Doe wrote:
"jeff22" conf22 yahoo.com wrote:

I'm ever so sorry. I guess I should have known not to disagree
with him.
Jeff

Now you are in character.

The main advantage of a headset microphone is clearly that you don't
have to worry about the distance between the microphone and your
mouth.
You said the opposite. Since you claim to know what you are talking
about, the only conclusion is that you are trolling.

mr. perfect bitches again.

Old March 23rd 06, 03:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

jeff22 wrote:
At first I thought you were calling me names.
I don't understand what you are talking about.
I asked a question. I tried to clarify.

Did I post something wrong? Did I somehow offend you?

you just disagreed with him about microphones and a few other
points.

The usual troll.

But in fact, jeff22 claims to know what he is talking about, then he
makes a ludicrous statement about the very same subject. One can
assume he's not that stupid, which just leaves trolling (I guess).

john is just a dickhead like that -

At least you are obvious about it. Or maybe you were just brought up
that way.

unless you want to rattle his chain then
krill file him.

But as any experienced USENET user should know, that just means I get
to talk behind his back.

like the little school girl bitch you are.

Old March 23rd 06, 03:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

This really isn't the place for this discussion. However since you
obviously have way too much time on your hands (I cannot for the life
of me, think of why), I will explain once again.

I have a microphone, on a boom. It works better than any microphone I
have tried for Dragon. I have tried all of the top rated ones. I have
tried cheep ones, expensive ones, array microphones, headset
microphones, etc. Nothing has worked as well as this one.

I don't have to worry about the distance between the mic. and my mouth.
The microphone I am using works with near 100% accuracy as long as I
sit at my desk. I couldn't get that sort of performance from any other
unit I tried.

Of course you can call me stupid. You can call me a troll, or even a
liar. But the thing that I wonder is, are you really so insecure that
you can't stand to be wrong one time by someone you don't even know? I
mean, to revert to name calling because someone disagrees with you???
Wow, you must be compensating for something (or a lack thereoff)

Anyway I just want to say that I don't care what you think. If anyone
wants to know more about VR than all they need do is go to a VR group.
If anyone has specific questions for me, I would be delighted to help
out. But this is getting very far from the original topic.

Oh, and one other point, all I ever asked here, was for recomendations
on video cards. I Never asked for nor wanted opinions on SR software
or hardware. I have an injury caused by too much computer use. I have
used SR software as part of my rehabilitation. I would like to
strongly recomend a book, "It's Not Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" by Demany &
Bellis. I think everyone should read that book BEFORE THEY NEED IT!

I tend to be long winded, and appologize for that. I could have
summed all this up with three words, "get a life!"

Jeff

Old March 25th 06, 12:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"jeff22" conf22 yahcoo.com wrote:

This really isn't the place for this discussion. However since
you obviously have way too much time on your hands (I cannot for
the life of me, think of why), I will explain once again.

A troll blaming others for what he does.

I don't have to worry about the distance between the [desktop]
mic. and my mouth. The microphone I am using works with near 100%
accuracy as long as I sit at my desk. I couldn't get that sort of
performance from any other unit I tried.

But in fact, headset microphones are designed specifically to
eliminate the problem of varying distance from microphone to your
mouth. You probably could put the same microphone element in a
headset microphone and get better results.

My microphone is a modified USB microphone. First I replaced the USB
cable with a better one, then I took the circuit board out of the
case and mounted it on the boom of a custom-made headset. That way
there is very little analog path/distance between the analog mic and
the analog to digital signal converter.

Snipped more trolling, apparently an effort to generate discussion
about speech recognition

Jeff

From: "jeff22" conf22 yahoo.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: 23 Mar 2006 06:20:14 -0800
References: 1142913980.107664.284100 i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com nospam-2103060017200001 192.168.1.178 Xns978D392629DEfollydom 207.115.17.102 nospam-2103060721090001 192.168.1.178 1142952059.905574.223730 e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com Xns978DF0C61FADFfollydom 207.115.17.102 1143009109.290523.168950 e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com dvtf7i.5tk.1 257.2.2.193.Mi5M4tcH 1143063599.981063.279250 u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com Xns978EC48F5BF91follydom 207.115.17.102

Old March 25th 06, 12:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Here is a little side by side comparison, I don't know if this does
much good for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...l-v7350_5.html

Also, here is a FX4500 from newegg.com for one of the lower prices I've
seen:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...P=OTC-d3alt1me

As for a case, I'm not to knowlegable about server cases, but here is
the case that I would most likely buy if I had a system such as yours.
It comes liquid cooling included, and the entire case itself is a
heatsink, and the 120mm fans add the the quietness of the system all
together. This is a very heavy and solid case.

This second case is quite a bit cheaper, it's probably not going to be
as heavy as the previous one. If you look at the pictures, you see
that the side is equiped with four large case fans along with a large
sleeve that covers the processor and goes straight to the side, which
will help you in cooling.

For powersupply, I would want to get the best out there, your system is
especially demanding, and you want to make sure that it is completely
stable. This powerful powersupply will help you achieve this.

I'm not sure what kind of cooling you are wondering about, but here you
will be able to search through all the different kinds that newegg.com
has available, along with what people have had to say about them.
http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Ca...sp?Category=11

Help that helped at all,

Johan

Old March 26th 06, 03:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Thanks for your help one and all.
Thanks for giving me something to laugh about John Doe.
I'll be sure to post the outcome when I get the whole thing put
together.
Jeff