compaq sr5440an (new zealand+ australian model)

Old November 21st 08, 01:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
desktop

Default compaq sr5440an (new zealand+ australian model)

hi all.by default this model pc displays utilities such as adaware,spy
bot etc in very small (i think it could be described as) type size.i
know i can increase the dpi size for the desktop icons,which i have
done,but this does not make the "type size" any larger in the utility
programs.is there a registry tweak or a fix for this? also web pages
need to have "zoom" adjusted every time to about 125-150% as zoom
adjusted to 125 or 150% apparently can't be made default size.hope you
can help,as it will make think twice when buying my next hp-compac
product. thanks bob.
Old November 23rd 08, 09:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:46:41 -0800, desktop wrote:

hi all.by default this model pc displays utilities such as adaware,spy
bot etc in very small (i think it could be described as) type size.i
know i can increase the dpi size for the desktop icons,which i have
done,but this does not make the "type size" any larger in the utility
programs.is there a registry tweak or a fix for this? also web pages
need to have "zoom" adjusted every time to about 125-150% as zoom
adjusted to 125 or 150% apparently can't be made default size.hope you
can help,as it will make think twice when buying my next hp-compac
product. thanks bob.

You are aware, you can right click on an empty space on the desktop, and
select properties, and then settings. There you can see what you are
using for a desktop setting.

Monitor size has a great deal to do with readability. On my 4x3 ratio
old style almost square screens I use 1280x1024 which is unreadable on a
15 inch monitor. But the 1280x1024 it is very readable on a 19 ols style
almost square monitor. I have dificulty reading 1024x768 on the 19 inch
monitor it is to large, and I need to sit farther away from the screen...

On the 17 16x10 letter box style monitor a 1440x900 resolution is on the
small side, but on the 20.1 inch i use daily 1440z900 the type is too
large, and I use a 1680x1050 resolution.

What is your monitor size (LCD or a CRT)?

JR the postman

Old November 25th 08, 03:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
desktop

On Nov 23, 9:04*pm, Postman Delivers
wrote:
[...]

thanks for your response. by default the monitor is a 19 inch flat
panel (lcd). have played around with settings,but are now resigned to
believing that the installed copy of vista home prem,is from a vista
recovery disk,not an original vista installation disk.apparently any
retailer can do this legally (bugger!!) most of the major players ''
customise'' their ''shop brought'' pc's this way.perhaps so they can
load their own crapware.no wonder hp's market share has fallen from
around 80% to 25% over the last few years according to some latest
reports. any more info is most helpful,but alas like many others,we
will look elsewhere for our next pc's,and other related items.keep up
these these type of responses,and keep the *******s honest.regards bob.