Graphic Problem

Old July 9th 08, 09:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
poool

Default Graphic Problem

Hi,

I've a Compaq Presario 2200 laptop. I have the same problem as Bill,
one of the member. I cut and paste his problem description and the
answer to it from another thread. My problem is similar but the
solution that was offered by Bob Buckland does not work for me. I don't
have SMS Mirror Driver. I have Intel Extreme Graphics 2 for mobile and
in the Device Manager for Display adapters I have two identical lines
that say, "Intel(R) 82852 GM/GME Graphics Controller". Unser Monitors
there're two identical lines that state"Plug and Play Monitor".

Thank you very much in advance.

====================
Bob Buckland wrote to Bill,
====================

Hi Bill,

Have you installed any software recently that involved remote online
access to your PC or troubleshooting, or other software you
installed recently?

When you checked for the driver were you checking to see if your driver
was current or it there was more than one driver listed in
the System icon listed in the Control Panel?

In the Device Manager under the System icon in the Control is there an
SMS Mirror Driver listed? If so, if you turn it off or delete it then
restart the PC does the display come back to normal?

If not, are you using two monitors on your graphics card?

================
"Bill" wrote in message
Good morning. I have a issue with MS Office 2007. Unitl recently MS
Office
2007 worked fine, however, a couple of weeks backsomething cause the
graphic
display of the icons and ribbons in all of the office 2007 programs to
switch to what resembles the old VGA 256 scheme. I have checked the
Control
Panel display properties and ensured that its set at Color Quality:
Highest
(32 Bit) anf that the driver is correct. I have also checked the
accessibility options to ensure that its display "Use High Contrast" is
not
activiated. All other programs including IE work fine and display their
Icons
correctly. The issue is isolated to MS Office 2007. It appears that it
is
not using the video driver resulting in its using a default driver
capabale
of displaying objectives in the 16 to 256 color range. Any help is
appreciated..... Thanks Bill
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Graphic Problem - What Causes This Tecknomage Nvidia Videocards 0 August 14th 06 12:02 PM
Deskpro EN SFF graphic problem Ginchy Compaq Computers 8 April 5th 05 12:14 PM
Strange 8200 graphic problem... Amos Dell Computers 2 December 2nd 03 05:55 AM
Graphic card problem Shep© General 2 November 25th 03 12:16 PM
Question about S-VIDEO and connecting my TV to my computer (via graphic 9600 Pro graphic card).... Melandre Ati Videocards 7 November 4th 03 05:28 PM