HP Officejet 7310 All-in-one

Old April 2nd 08, 08:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
housetrained

Default HP Officejet 7310 All-in-one

Bought this. It has duplex. It has two discs, Vista & XP. On the XP machine
the duplex works fine. On the Vista machine the 'automatic two-sided
printing' is not greyed out it doesn't exist. Anyone know a workaround or
something to help.

--
John the West Ham fan

Old April 2nd 08, 09:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

housetrained wrote:
Bought this. It has duplex. It has two discs, Vista & XP. On the XP machine
the duplex works fine. On the Vista machine the 'automatic two-sided
printing' is not greyed out it doesn't exist. Anyone know a workaround or
something to help.

Have you done the full software installation or just the 'minimum
drivers'? In my (and many other people's) experience installing the
full software supplied by HP for this printer causes all sorts of
problems. After mucking about for a while with the full software I
found that the 'drivers only' installation provides all that's needed
and is *much* more reliable.

I'm not really sure if this is relevant to a Vista installation but
you never know.

--
Chris Green
Old April 2nd 08, 11:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

If the printer came with the Win Vista logo certification on the box,
and Vista drivers inside, it should have all features when using the
Vista OS. You might try the in-box drivers from Vista if they exist for
that printer, but either way, this is an HP issue. HP develops the
drivers, and assuming you loaded the correct Vista drivers for the
printer (and not the XP drivers on the Vista machine, or the wrong
printer model) this is something that HP needs to address, and you
should contact them.

Art

Old April 2nd 08, 10:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Rossmann

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article ,
says...
Bought this. It has duplex. It has two discs, Vista & XP. On the XP machine
the duplex works fine. On the Vista machine the 'automatic two-sided
printing' is not greyed out it doesn't exist. Anyone know a workaround or
something to help.

If it's the same Vista drivers as on the HP web site, they are very
flakey. No matter what option you choose, it will only duplex top/bottom
instead of side/side. There was somebody who had a replacement for one
file that fixes that.

Despite that, there are still margin isues. It seems to add nearly 1/2"
of extra margin when doing duplexing, and not matching what my previous
and work Win2K computers do.

As for the duplex being greyed out, I think you have to go into advanced
settings somewhere to enable it. Right-click printer in Printers folder,
choose Properties, go to the Device Settings tab. Under Installable
options, set Duplex Unit to INSTALLED.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Old April 3rd 08, 07:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
housetrained

Thanks Andrew, turned it on.

--
John the West Ham fan

.net...

Old April 3rd 08, 01:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Just to make sure I have this understood for future reference, on the XP
driver the auto duplexing is on by default when you load the driver, but
with Vista, you need to go into "advanced settings" and alter the driver
settings so it recognizes auto duplex as being available on your
printer. Once this was done, the option became "solid" (as opposed to
ghosted) and now works.

Do I have that correct?

Thanks,

Art

Thanks Andrew, turned it on.

Old April 4th 08, 02:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

OK, so it now exists via the advanced feature set? Is that correct?

Art

housetrained wrote:
Not quite, if you see my original post stated: "On the Vista machine the
'automatic two-sided
printing' is not greyed out it doesn't exist. "
However now all is fine. Apart from those big margins mentioned by Andrew.
Thanks all.

HP OfficeJet 7310 Drivers? [email protected] Printers 9 August 4th 06 12:10 PM
HP OfficeJet 7310 HH Printers 4 August 22nd 05 10:31 AM
New drivers for HP Officejet 7310 - or are there? [email protected] Printers 8 April 22nd 05 05:42 PM
Odd error with Visio 2003 and Officejet 7310 [email protected] Printers 1 February 2nd 05 02:13 PM
HP Officejet 7310 Driver and Software Issues David L. Crow Printers 3 October 29th 04 05:04 PM