PCI IRQ Routing Table Error on POST causes loads of video problems.

Old March 29th 06, 07:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default PCI IRQ Routing Table Error on POST causes loads of video problems.

8 beep error in what order just a steady beep or short long

"jonfaquit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've had to have cleared the CMOS about 30 times so far

'Load defaults' even gives me the 8 error beeps...

I just tried throwing this video card in my old 32bit system and as I
thought, no problem whatsoever, so it can't be the card.

Old March 29th 06, 01:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"jonfaquit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've had to have cleared the CMOS about 30 times so far

'Load defaults' even gives me the 8 error beeps...

I just tried throwing this video card in my old 32bit system and as I
thought, no problem whatsoever, so it can't be the card.

It's really 1 long, 8 short:

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml says it's:

1 long, 8short: Display / retrace test failed. Reseat the video card.
8short: Your video card isn't working. Make sure it is seated well in
the bus. If it still beeps, either the whole card is bad or the memory
on it is. Best bet is to install another video card.

....and there's nothing wrong with the video card cause I've tested it
in my old system today and didn't get any bios or OS errors.

Old March 29th 06, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"jonfaquit" wrote in message
oups.com...

"jonfaquit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've had to have cleared the CMOS about 30 times so far

'Load defaults' even gives me the 8 error beeps...

I just tried throwing this video card in my old 32bit system and as I
thought, no problem whatsoever, so it can't be the card.

It's really 1 long, 8 short:

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml says it's:

1 long, 8short: Display / retrace test failed. Reseat the video card.
8short: Your video card isn't working. Make sure it is seated well in
the bus. If it still beeps, either the whole card is bad or the memory
on it is. Best bet is to install another video card.

...and there's nothing wrong with the video card cause I've tested it
in my old system today and didn't get any bios or OS errors.

interesting.

does the board have OB video? Integrated
and if your using a add on card the OB is disabled?
MSI is always a nightmare along with ECS and FIC boards.
I would return the board (if its new can't remember the details)

Old March 29th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

JAD, this board does not have onboard video...if it did I wouldn't even
be messing with this video card. I used to just stick to onboard video
when buy a motherboard cause onboard suits me fine. But when I was
buying, I had limited my choices to two boards; this one (with no
onboard video), and another one that had onboard video. I chose this
one for the simple fact that it had 5 pci slots compared to 3 for the
other one.

SP Goodman, I've tried just about everything to try to make this
mobo/bios seem as if it was powered for the first time many times. For
example, I've had to clear CMOS about 30 times or so (forced to
whenever I get the 8-beep error), I've removed the battery, removed the
power cord, disconnected the power supply's connectors, removed the
CPU, have flashed the BIOS about 3 times, removed all hardware,
peripherals & mobo connections (except the case's power switch & reset
button connectors), tried using 3 types of memory but to no avail. The
thing is I can't remember if I was getting the routing table error when
I _first_ connected everything as the damn MSI logo was displayed on
bootup. So I'm not sure if I was always getting the error & not seeing
it til I disabled the logo display or if it was something that happened
as a result of something afterwards.

As far as a diagnostic, I have not run any. Are there any out there in
particular I should take a look at? At the moment I've just resorted to
linux (debian) as it handles video somewhat better (still crappy
nonetheless); I still have my 'Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows', however &
I've been able to run AID32/Everest.

Old March 30th 06, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

It is further alleged that on or about 28 Mar 2006 10:42:00 -0800, in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, the queezy keyboard of "jonfaquit"
spewed the following:

|------------------------
|-sbb78247 wrote:

| have you tried a different graphics card?
| did you bother to install the chipset drivers before trying to install the
| graphics?
|
|Haven't tried any other graphics cards cause this is the only one I
|have...I've always stuck with onboard video whenever purchasing a
|motherboard cause onboard suits my needs perfectly. I only had this
|card because it has an RCA connection so that I can connect my TV to it
|& use it as another monitor.
|
|I can't install anything without the graphics though...cause I can't
|see anything (and I think BIOS gives the beeping errors too if it
|doesn't find a suitable PCI/AGP card).

After you get your machine up and running with the AGP card, you can
install the other card and use it as well.
--
-nos1eep
Old March 30th 06, 01:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Thing is once I install the AGP card, I won't need this
card...connecting it to my TV was just one of those 'look what I can
do' things, which lasted about a week. So I could care less about TV
connectivity.

Old March 30th 06, 04:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

------------------------
-sbb78247 wrote:

have you tried a different graphics card?
did you bother to install the chipset drivers before trying to
install the graphics?

Haven't tried any other graphics cards cause this is the only one I
have...I've always stuck with onboard video whenever purchasing a
motherboard cause onboard suits my needs perfectly. I only had this
card because it has an RCA connection so that I can connect my TV to
it & use it as another monitor.

I can't install anything without the graphics though...cause I can't
see anything (and I think BIOS gives the beeping errors too if it
doesn't find a suitable PCI/AGP card).

look ****wit - install a card that has the same voltage specs as your slot -
3.3 1.5 .8 get it? then check your ram like you have been told to be sure
it matches your board. THEN install windows, chipset drivers, video drivers
and what ever is needed from there.

--
sbb78247

Speak the truth and leave shortly there after

Old March 30th 06, 08:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

sbb78247 wrote:
look ****wit - install a card that has the same voltage specs as your slot -
3.3 1.5 .8 get it? then check your ram like you have been told to be sure
it matches your board. THEN install windows, chipset drivers, video drivers
and what ever is needed from there.

Hey, are you making fun of my name??? lol

My mobo can support 3.3 & 5V PCI, and AGP up to 3.0 (3.3/1.5/0.8). This
particular card is a 5V PCI. Even though I have a card on the way, I'd
still like to troubleshoot this card. Buying something else as a
replacement isn't always a solution to a problem that has yet to be
deciphered.

Old April 4th 06, 11:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Bump?