Sound Blaster Live Platinum

Old April 1st 04, 11:00 AM
Vandebosch Alain

Default Sound Blaster Live Platinum

Hi,

I have a sound blaster live platinum 5.1, not an Audigy.
When i install new setup from SB file "LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe", i don't
have the 5.1 speeker choice in the setup and after installation in
HA/speaker i don't have this choice(5.1) ???
What's wrong ??

Thanks for your reply

Alain

Old April 4th 04, 02:12 AM
Terence Parker

I'm having exactly the same problem - I just sent a support e-mail to
Creative about this, but let's see if they bother to reply.

It's a big disappointment because the platinum card costs a lot more than
the standard - and you expect them to at least give us a link to download
the correct software for it. The CD's mine came bundled with back in 2000
were for Windows 2000 and 98 only and, needless to say, they are not
compatible with Win XP.

I remember having that fancy app too where you can reposition the
speakers.... that is also missing.

- Terence

Old April 4th 04, 02:36 AM
Lenny

I'm having exactly the same problem - I just sent a support e-mail to
Creative about this, but let's see if they bother to reply.

Does the driver auto-update thingy work for you? Maybe it can detect your
card and automatically suggest downloading the correct software.

Old April 4th 04, 04:17 AM
Terence Parker

I'm having exactly the same problem - I just sent a support e-mail to
Creative about this, but let's see if they bother to reply.

Does the driver auto-update thingy work for you? Maybe it can detect your
card and automatically suggest downloading the correct software.

Unfortunately not, tried that.

I've sent something to Creative - hope they respond!

Old April 20th 04, 03:18 PM
Terence Parker

I nagged creative labs about this problem, and they have finally sent
me an updated installation CD through the post. After installing it it
can be revealed that creative DO indeed release a cut-down version on
their website only. So if you own an old platinum and want to use the
full features in Windows XP - tough luck it seems! I don't see why
Creative don't put these drivers online (or the whole installation CD
for that matter).

If anyone wants a copy (hard copy or ISO) just give me a shout.

Old November 8th 05, 11:05 AM
Timo

-
Hi,

I have a sound blaster live platinum 5.1, not an Audigy.
When i install new setup from SB file "LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe", i
don't
have the 5.1 speeker choice in the setup and after installation in
HA/speaker i don't have this choice(5.1) ???
What's wrong ??

Thanks for your reply

Alain-

hi, Terence, i am deeply in need of this iso file, since i have the sb
live platinum and i am unable to use the live drive. but i have no idea
how can u send me this file.thank you in advance.

--
Timo