Siginificant Delay in Recorded track?

Old February 27th 05, 02:23 AM
RodQR

Default Siginificant Delay in Recorded track?

There is a significant delay between play back and recorded tracks.
I just installed the SBLive 24 bit.

I am recording guitar with mulitrack recording software.
In track 1 is the backing music.
I record into track 2 while track 1 plays.
When playing back the 2 tracks, the recorded guitar audio is significantly
ahead in timing and the time difference increases as the track plays.
This occurs with two different multitrack recording softwares (Adobe
Audition, Power Tracks Pro).
I ran the diagnostics provided with the card and checked the online
knowledge base but could not find any solutions.

I did this all the time with my old SB Live Value 16 and did not have this
issue at all.

Thanks you for any help

Old February 27th 05, 08:41 AM
Lenny

There is a significant delay between play back and recorded tracks.
I just installed the SBLive 24 bit.

This may be an over-the-top solution, but if the recording programs you use
support ASIO, you could always install the KX Project driver set instead of
using Creative's drivers (which do not support ASIO at all for the Live
cards I believe). That should give you much better timing in your
recordings. The KX drivers have been somewhat quirky particulary in the past
though, so I will have to point that out. However, it may have improved
recently, I've not checked them out myself for a while. Still, they should
work much better for professional use than for gaming in any case, as many
games are badly programmed to begin with.

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 09:57 AM
How do I place cues within a track? Mike Richter Cdr 2 October 6th 04 08:25 PM
Has anyone burnt an 80-min CD-R on a 7200i / CDD3610 under Linux? Paul Cdr 0 February 22nd 04 10:00 PM
Physical sector location Nuno Magalhaes Storage (alternative) 5 November 7th 03 02:58 PM
Physical sector location Nuno Magalhaes Storage & Hardrives 6 November 6th 03 05:26 PM