Advice please

Old February 21st 05, 07:27 PM
emc

Default Advice please

Hi, could anyone recommend Epson Stylus Photo RX620 printer? I want to buy
my husband a new printer and this looks like a good one. He is very keen on
digital potography and I want to get the right one.

Very grateful for any response. Thanks

Eve

Old February 23rd 05, 07:01 PM
CWatters

"emc" wrote in message
Hi, could anyone recommend Epson Stylus Photo RX620 printer? I want to

buy
my husband a new printer and this looks like a good one. He is very keen

on
digital potography and I want to get the right one.

I think this model has only been out for a few weeks so there aren't many
reviews available yet. It's what you call an "all-in-one" printer which
means it has other functions like a document or slide scanner built in. If
your husband already has a scanner then it might be more expensive than he
really needs - but I doubt he'll be disappointed!

Old February 23rd 05, 11:41 PM
Emrys Davies

Eve.,

I know very little about digital photography or in fact any photography,
but what I definitely know is that I cannot understand why you do not
share yours concerns with your husband and let him have a very big say
in choosing which printer you purchase.

Bearing in mind his hobby, he may be longing for a printer which has
'PictBridge' capability such as the Canon Pixma IP4000
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...ode lid=10239

I am simply saying that he probably has a good idea of what he wants and
that the above printer is an example of what he may have in mind.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old February 24th 05, 01:41 PM
Arthur Entlich

It is probably true that in term of a printer, since so many variables
can be involved, a gift certificate may be a better approach than
springing one on someone.

Art