Mac address lj 5n

Old February 23rd 05, 12:48 PM
L&N lab

Default Mac address lj 5n

Hello,

I have a problem with HP LJ 5N
I'd like to connect it to home network based on router.
I know I need its MAC address, but I can't find it.
I looked all over the printer with no success.
I don't have original manual and the one from hp.com doesn't say anything
about mac address, connecting to router etc.

Help, please
Reg,
LN

Old February 23rd 05, 01:09 PM
Silicon Sam

Take the network card out of the printer and look on it. Should be on
a little white sticker if anywhere.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:10 PM
Silicon Sam

Also, printing out a test page may show it.

Old February 24th 05, 01:43 AM
L&N lab

Also, printing out a test page may show it.

I found LAN HW ADDRESS on test page.
Same one is on the card, but there's another one on it called TR (LAN HW
thing on card is called AD)
I think LAN HW is MAC address...

Thanks,
LN

Old February 24th 05, 01:56 AM
Silicon Sam

A MAC address looks like xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx. 2 letters or numbers with
a dash, replicated 6 times.

Raymond

Old February 24th 05, 03:44 AM
L&N lab

A MAC address looks like xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx. 2 letters or numbers with
a dash, replicated 6 times.

I know - but there are only numbers without dashes (

reg,
LN