HP Laserjet M401dne On/Off Switch Blinking?

Old June 14th 14, 07:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default HP Laserjet M401dne On/Off Switch Blinking?

I have the HP Laserjet M401dne printer and it prints ok, but I have noticed that
the On/Off Switch Blinks all the time now? I did not notice that before - I
have had the printer for about 3 months. I'm running it on Win7 64bit computer.
Is it normal for the switch to blink on/off or do I have to do something to fix
it?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions - if you need more information, let me know!

charliec
Old June 14th 14, 11:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 16:36:22 -0500, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz

I have the HP Laserjet M401dne printer and it prints ok, but I have noticed
that
the On/Off Switch Blinks all the time now? I did not notice that before - I
have had the printer for about 3 months. I'm running it on Win7 64bit
computer.
Is it normal for the switch to blink on/off or do I have to do something to fix
it?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions - if you need more information, let me know!

charliec

Are you referring to the green ready light?
Generally depending on model the light will blink whenever the printer is
receiving data and maybe when the printer is in sleep mode.
If it is worlomg I wouldn't be concerned but a call to HP or the supplier may
be worthwhile if it puts your mind at rest.
Tony

Thanks for the insights, Tony. I was referring to the green ready light. Yes,
it appears to do it when it is in sleep mode. I may give HP a call just to "put
that mind at rest" - you have already helped it along .

Thanks
charliec
Old June 15th 14, 08:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

Thanks for the insights, Tony. I was referring to the green ready light.
Yes,
it appears to do it when it is in sleep mode. I may give HP a call just
to "put
that mind at rest" - you have already helped it along .

Thanks
charliec

Yes. It is in an EnergyStar power saving mode, sleep is a good term to use.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp