Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

Old September 20th 09, 02:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Aidyb

Default Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

I have done this using a dell imedia (nothing flash mind) just today in
fact and joined just to reply. I connected the tv via hdmi and my
monitor via VGA.

First of all I open control panel -- appearance & Nividia. I then
select advanced setup if first time using. I then select setup multiple
-- independent monitors. You should be able to select your monitor and
TV (samsung here) from drop-down menus. I then adjusted the resolution
in display settings (right click desktop) - monitor is set at max and
monitor 2 (tv) is set at at 1280x1224 so it fills screen. If you have
overlay (image of screen adjust resolution or go into tv options and
resize via just scan (if available on your tv). To get separate sound
(right click volume) and then select hdmi as default. I then drag across
my application i'm watching (streaming football or movies) over to the
tv and start it. Bingo sound and picture. I then select speakers as my
default device and then get separate application sounds from pc
speakers.

Hope this helps - Im currently looking a way of getting 2 hdmi outputs
fingers crossed.

Ps you might want to download ultramon for assisting in moving stuff
across screens.

update - you can get usb to hdmi adapters. ive not researched them yet
but google this
USB TO HDMI CABLE CONVERTER ADAPTER - LAPTOP PC TO TV. Cheaper models
available.

Old October 18th 10, 02:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim1

Albert;875123 Wrote:
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

On the video card I Used my computer Monitor with DVI to DVI and ran
the HDMI to HDMI on the TV Monitor. Synchronized the monitors to run the
same display on both screens with the computer. Set the resolution and
everything is running smooth. In the Control Panel go to sound and
change the setting to Digital Sound HDMI (This all takes a couple of
min.)

Old October 22nd 10, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim1[_2_]

Albert;875123 Wrote:
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

When Trying to use your computer to play downloaded movies to your TV
monitor from one Video card on your computer, run the DVI to DVI cable
from your computer monitor to the video card then run from the video
card HDMI to HDMI to the TV monitor. You will need to synchronize the
monitors in the control panel under Display. (1/2 Multiple monitors)
Then in the control panel under Sound, You will need to set the default
to “ Digital Audio HDMI” This only takes a few minutes. I’m running 50
foot of HDMI cable to my TV with a booster at the TV end. I’m running
windows 7 and everything runs perfect. Jim

Old October 23rd 10, 08:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Syfo-Dyas[_2_]

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:16:36 -0500, Jim1
wrote:

Albert;875123 Wrote:
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

When Trying to use your computer to play downloaded movies to your TV
monitor from one Video card on your computer, run the DVI to DVI cable
from your computer monitor to the video card then run from the video
card HDMI to HDMI to the TV monitor. You will need to synchronize the
monitors in the control panel under Display. (1/2 Multiple monitors)
Then in the control panel under Sound, You will need to set the default
to “ Digital Audio HDMI” This only takes a few minutes. I’m running 50
foot of HDMI cable to my TV with a booster at the TV end. I’m running
windows 7 and everything runs perfect. Jim

Why is there a need for a booster? What does it do?
Old October 23rd 10, 09:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

wrote:

Albert;875123 Wrote:
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

When Trying to use your computer to play downloaded movies to your TV
monitor from one Video card on your computer, run the DVI to DVI cable
from your computer monitor to the video card then run from the video
card HDMI to HDMI to the TV monitor. You will need to synchronize the
monitors in the control panel under Display. (1/2 Multiple monitors)
Then in the control panel under Sound, You will need to set the default
to “ Digital Audio HDMI” This only takes a few minutes. I’m running 50
foot of HDMI cable to my TV with a booster at the TV end. I’m running
windows 7 and everything runs perfect. Jim

Why is there a need for a booster? What does it do?

Cables are lossy at high frequencies.

The TV TMDS receiver chip has limited sensitivity.

The signal is launched at a high amplitude, and shrinks
as it goes down the cable. If the received amplitude is
not sufficient to trigger the TMDS receiver properly,
you see "digital noise" as colored speckles on the LCD screen.
At some point, the circuitry after the receiver declares
there is no valid signal, and the screen goes blank.

"Boosting" means signal regeneration. Signal regeneration
can be of two types. Naive regeneration is simply an amplifier.
The problem with that is, it can add jitter to the signal.
Time domain jitter, degrades the eye diagram when you try to
receive the data at the receiver.

Full digital regeneration, would intercept all the bits, recover
the clock, then clock out the data using a built-in PLL. The
idea would be, the PLL would be a low-jitter way, of launching
the data on the outgoing side of the booster.

So that's the basic concept.

Now, the HDMI standard, may not have a "you must never use more
than X meters of cable" thing to it. If the cables are cheaply
made, they might only be good to 3 meters length. A better
quality cable might double or triple the length (depending
on who you believe). Then, bodging together boosters might
further increase the potential range (until things like
HDCP break due to protocol problems caused by all the
garbage used to carry the signal). It's very much the
kind of business the folks at Monster Cables would
want to sink their teeth into :-) (Plenty of opportunities
to extol the virtues of gold plated this and that.)

In other words, if you keep the computer close to the TV,
it doesn't cost too much to make the connection. If you
want to run a TV on the other side of the house, it could
be more expensive, and involve testing and returning stuff
to the store.

You can go further than copper cabling (regular HDMI cables),
by using fiber optic cabling and active optical transceivers.

This is the first example of using fiber optics to do the job
that I could find. You can see the prices here, are pretty high.

http://www.dvigear.com/hdfiopca.html

Have fun,
Paul
Old October 23rd 10, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Syfo-Dyas[_2_]

wrote:

Albert;875123 Wrote:
[...]

Thanks paul very informative!
Old February 7th 11, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
babyface_33

I use a single hdmi cable out from my intergrated video card GEFORCE
8200 and run it into an hdmi switch box 4 x 2 which allows me to connect
4 hdmi in puts and display all of those 4 inputs on 2 seperate out puts.
one out put goes to a 23" computer monitor and the other goes to a 50"
plasma tv monitor. I cam watch the same thing or both monitors or
different thins on the monitors bith the remote that came with the
$50.00 from mertline.