HP Print Quality Problem

Old March 9th 10, 11:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andy Baker

Default HP Print Quality Problem

We have a HP Officejet J5780 printer that has developed a printing problem
that I have not seen before. When I print a page the top of the page starts
off fine then the quality gradually gets worse as it goes down the page
until by the middle of the page it is so faint it is unreadable. I have
tried changing the black cartridge (it only affects the black print),
cleaning the head/cartridge using a coffee filter and bottled water and
taking out the black cartridge and leaving it to stand for a couple of hours
both of which were suggested on the HP website. Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andy Baker

Old March 14th 10, 06:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trevor[_4_]

"Andy Baker" wrote in message
We have a HP Officejet J5780 printer that has developed a printing problem
that I have not seen before. When I print a page the top of the page
starts off fine then the quality gradually gets worse as it goes down the
page until by the middle of the page it is so faint it is unreadable. I
have tried changing the black cartridge (it only affects the black print),
cleaning the head/cartridge using a coffee filter and bottled water and
taking out the black cartridge and leaving it to stand for a couple of
hours both of which were suggested on the HP website. Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andy Baker

I can't find anywhere in the printer software that mentions 'offline' - can
you explain pse?

Old March 17th 10, 08:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andy Baker

Not 'offline' - starts off fine - the top of the page is always readable
then further on down the page the print gradulally gets fainter. If I then
print another page it is the same.

"Trevor" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old March 17th 10, 01:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I am assuming this is an inkjet printer.

This sounds like a bad cartridge which is developing a vacuum or ink
starvation. I know you mentioned you tried a different cartridge, but
could both be "bad" (expired, too old, dried out, etc?

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Andy Baker wrote:
Not 'offline' - starts off fine - the top of the page is always readable
then further on down the page the print gradulally gets fainter. If I then
print another page it is the same.

"Trevor" wrote in message
o.uk...