Verizon/ATT data cap on fast Internet service

Old September 25th 11, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Verizon/ATT data cap on fast Internet service

Putting an expensive data cap on fast wireless Internet service
reminds me of George Carlin's quip about "JUMBO SHRIMP". Besides maybe
doctors/lawyers, is that going to appeal to little old ladies from
Pasadena?

"With our ultra fast Hotspot, reach your data cap in a flash!"

I understand limiting usage, but the (Verizon/ATT) combo of super fast
wireless with very high overage charges seems strange.
Old September 26th 11, 01:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

On Sep 26, 2:12*am, wrote:
Putting an expensive data cap on fast wireless Internet service
reminds me of George Carlin's quip about "JUMBO SHRIMP". Besides maybe
doctors/lawyers, is that going to appeal to little old ladies from
Pasadena?

"With our ultra fast Hotspot, reach your data cap in a flash!"

I understand limiting usage, but the (Verizon/ATT) combo of super fast
wireless with very high overage charges seems strange.

Seems like they are trying to maximize their revenues given their
bandwidth. Pay more or get less or both.

RL
Old September 28th 11, 07:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On Sep 26, 7:05*am, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Sep 26, 2:12*am, wrote:

I understand limiting usage, but the (Verizon/ATT) combo of super fast
wireless with very high overage charges seems strange.

Seems like they are trying to maximize their revenues given their
bandwidth. *Pay more or get less or both.

RL

"At top LTE download speeds, it takes about an hour to exhaust the
monthly allotment of 5 gigabytes [for $50]. Like Verizon, AT&T charges
$10 per gigabyte used above that."