NETAPP Filer "Disk shelf fault" Error

Old October 10th 07, 11:25 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Kaka

Default NETAPP Filer "Disk shelf fault" Error

I have DATA ONTAP 7.0.6 on the filer. On the GUI, filer status is
"Disk shelf fault" and I also see the following in the system log:

Sun Oct 7 01:00:00 PDT [dev-filer02: monitor.shelf.fault:CRITICAL]:
Fault reported on disk storage shelf attached to channel 0c. Please
check fans, power, and temperature.

When I physically check the filer, one of the shelf has the fault
amber light on.

Power, fans.... everythign seems ok. I cannot find much information
on the internet on what to do in order to resolve the problem. Can
someone give me advise on what should I do to start with?

Thanks!!!

Old October 16th 07, 02:57 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Faeandar

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:25:38 -0000, Kaka wrote:

I have DATA ONTAP 7.0.6 on the filer. On the GUI, filer status is
"Disk shelf fault" and I also see the following in the system log:

Sun Oct 7 01:00:00 PDT [dev-filer02: monitor.shelf.fault:CRITICAL]:
Fault reported on disk storage shelf attached to channel 0c. Please
check fans, power, and temperature.

When I physically check the filer, one of the shelf has the fault
amber light on.

Power, fans.... everythign seems ok. I cannot find much information
on the internet on what to do in order to resolve the problem. Can
someone give me advise on what should I do to start with?

Thanks!!!

In some cases it means the filer cannot report on any environmentals
for the shelf. So you would not get overtemp warnings or fan failures
if this is the case.

Generally it requires either a power cycle of the shelf or a new ESH
module. Either one requires a downtime.

NetApp support could tell you specifically but from the name it looks
like you may not have support on a dev-filer.

~F
Old October 16th 07, 01:15 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

On Oct 15, 8:57 pm, Faeandar wrote:
[...]

~F- Hide quoted text -

We could provide you a loaner ESH module if it would assist you in
your troubleshooting.

Scott Fischmann
Union Computer Exchange, Inc.
6233 Idylwood Lane
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55436

952.935.7282

"Helping our customers make each dollar go further - since 1991!"