Legato Networker 7.2.2 Build 422 -- Creating & Configuring a NDMP Client so that the CIFS Servers on a Celerra Networker Server Can be backed up

Old October 9th 07, 02:12 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Ryan[_5_]

Default Legato Networker 7.2.2 Build 422 -- Creating & Configuring a NDMP Client so that the CIFS Servers on a Celerra Networker Server Can be backed up

I am trying to run a backup of my Celerra Network Server NS40G. I am
running backups through the Legato Networker Server 7.2.2. Build
422.

For my two Celerra units I have two NDMP clients set up on the Legato
Networker Server. I have created the clients no problem on the Legato
Networker Server, added them to my Daily Backup Group and started the
configuration -- here is how the clients are configured so far:

In the General Tab of my client:

The name of the client is netwincp.cph.local
The saveset I have listed is -- userfiles
** userfiles is the name of one of my file systems on my CIFS server
named NETWINCP

In the Prefrences Tab I have listed:
Aliases - "all of the different names for NETWINCP"
netwincp & netwincp.cph.local
Storage Node - nsrserverhost
NDMP - Yes

In the Remote Tab I have listed:

Remote User - nasadmin (admin of Celerra NAS Units)
Password - ** nasadmin password
Backup Command -- nsrndmp_save -M T dump
Application Information -- DIRECT=y
HIST=y
UPDATE=y
OPTIONS=NT
UTF8=y

------

When I go and fire off the group that this client is in (in order to
backup the files that are located on this client) the following error
appears on the legato networker:

Again -- the syntax i'm using for the savesets is I am just plugging
the name of the file system right into the saveset entry on Legato
Networker. E.G. "userfiles" is the name of one of my file systems on
NETWINCT. After trying to run the backup for that the following error
message appears:

netwinct.cph.local:userfiles 1 retry attempted
netwinct.cph.local:userfiles: No full backups of this save set were
found in the media database; performing a full backup
* netwinct.cph.local:userfiles nsrndmp_save: Too many arguments. Only
one filesystem can be specified for backup.
* netwinct.cph.local:userfiles nsrndmp_save: Usage: nsrndmp_save [-M]
[-P hostname] [-I hostname] -T backup-type -c client [-Lnq] [-g group]
[-l level] [-b pool] [-t savetime] [-N name] [-s server] [-e
expiration] [-w browse time] [-y retention time] path

---

I even try another type of syntax and place a " / " in front of the
file systems name as this indicates the path of the actual file
system. So now I have the following in the SaveSet portion of my
client w/n Legato Networker -- " /userfiles " -- below is the error
messages that appear after I try to run the backup procedu

* netwinct.cph.local:/userfiles nsrndmp_save: Too many arguments.
Only one filesystem can be specified for backup.
* netwinct.cph.local:/userfiles nsrndmp_save: Usage: nsrndmp_save [-
M] [-P hostname] [-I hostname] -T backup-type -c client [-Lnq] [-g
group] [-l lev10/08/07 19:34:38 savegrp: netwinct.cph.local:/userfiles
will retry 0 more time(s)

----

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this issue and get these
backups rolling I would greatly appriciate it. Again the version of
the Legato Networker that I am running is 7.2.2 Build 422

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Best regards,

Ryan J. Boyle

Old October 9th 07, 03:04 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
the wharf rat

In article om,
Ryan wrote:

* netwinct.cph.local:userfiles nsrndmp_save: Too many arguments. Only
one filesystem can be specified for backup.

Try \\userfiles