weird oc experience please help me guys

Old July 9th 05, 08:36 AM
rage1881

Default weird oc experience please help me guys

Im using a 6800 evga agp 128mb. I downloaded a bunch of benchmarking
programs 3dmark 03 05 2001 aquamark 3 anyways... the problem is this
when using aquamark before ocing everything is fine from what i can
see i ran 4 tests with it my scores were 49,107 49,057, 48,806, before
oc.. then after an oc of 400/800 my first time running was 51000
some.. then after it dropped to 46000 then after when trying to do
another run it locks up and my comp reboots.. obviously i thought this
was a heat issue but after checking temps my card is a 61 at almost
the end of the test... Also my scores stay fine on 3dmark 03 and 05
after oc aswell
as 2001 and 3d05 gets the card all the way up to 72!!! and it runs
fine scores stay really close... so im lost and would apperciate any
help thanks
.. but it keeps getting weirder... after all that i thought everything
was fine but now i ran the valve stress test 7 times and got all
similar scores of 102.65 then after ocing i get a score of around
104.52 i know its not much but i know some apps improve more with
ocing anyways... after a few more tests my scores are now 86.00 84.89
and such after I OC... and my card sais it will slow down at 127
degrees and the highest it gets when running that test over and over
again is 62 so im stumped hard core.. ive oc ati in the past no probs
i know they dont use throttling but this is nvidia... so whats goin
on....... could it be my card is throttling even before it reaches
this temp... oc of 400/800 only aquamark and valve test has returned
lower results after more than 1 test after ocing 3dmark 05 03 2001 all
get better and stay almost the same after a few runs with oc settings
some help!!!!! please! lol

2500 Mobile @ 11.5x200 1775 volts
Msi K7N delta rev2
2x512 samsung DDR400
Samsung 80 gig 7200 rpm 22 mb cache
Aerocool 7 + on full speed
using onboard sound 5.1
4 system fans
icute 400 watt power supply

-------------------------
Danny Herrera

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia...pict58640.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=297012
Old July 9th 05, 04:55 PM
John Lewis

On 9 Jul 2005 03:36:09 -0400, rage1881
wrote:

Im using a 6800 evga agp 128mb. I downloaded a bunch of benchmarking
programs 3dmark 03 05 2001 aquamark 3 anyways... the problem is this
when using aquamark before ocing everything is fine from what i can
see i ran 4 tests with it my scores were 49,107 49,057, 48,806, before
oc.. then after an oc of 400/800 my first time running was 51000
some.. then after it dropped to 46000 then after when trying to do
another run it locks up and my comp reboots.. obviously i thought this
was a heat issue but after checking temps my card is a 61 at almost
the end of the test...

EXACTLY how are you measuring the GPU core-temperature ??
If the GPU core-temperature is not sensed directly by the test that
you are running, it MUST be sensed not more than 1/4 seconds
after the test is interrupted or teminated. The GPU core
temperature falls at a rate of about 5 degrees C per second (yes !!)
after the interruption or temination of any 3D stress test.

John Lewis

Old July 9th 05, 05:38 PM
stevem

"rage1881" wrote in message
news:7_297012_9bcc93b26b62855a7e0dca9ca93c8a33@har dwareforumz.com...
Im using a 6800 evga agp 128mb. I downloaded a bunch of benchmarking
programs 3dmark 03 05 2001 aquamark 3 anyways... the problem is this
when using aquamark before ocing everything is fine from what i can
see i ran 4 tests with it my scores were 49,107 49,057, 48,806, before
oc.. then after an oc of 400/800 my first time running was 51000
some.. then after it dropped to 46000 then after when trying to do
another run it locks up and my comp reboots.. obviously i thought this
was a heat issue but after checking temps my card is a 61 at almost
the end of the test... Also my scores stay fine on 3dmark 03 and 05
after oc aswell
as 2001 and 3d05 gets the card all the way up to 72!!! and it runs
fine scores stay really close... so im lost and would apperciate any
help thanks

Hi,

Two points worth checking:
1. Don't know whether the 6800 needs/has a separate power connector, but if
so, have you plugged a molex connector into it?
2. If you pull up the Nvidia property page (right-click on screen, Nvidia
display, click on your monitor from the pop-out), there should be a heading
under the card name called Debug Settings. If the card is throttling back,
there should be an entry here. I got it when I first installed a 6600GT AGP,
because I forgot to plug in the molex.

Regards,
Steve.