VisionTek HD 2400 Pro AGP

Old October 23rd 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
St

Default VisionTek HD 2400 Pro AGP

Have posted on the visiontek site with no luck.. thought id try here....
This card runs fine as long as i don't try to run any DX9 3D games.. which
is what is got bought for.. Guildwars mostly
After anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes the machine will either lockup or
reboot.
Compaq SR1303WM
AMD Sempron 3000+ processor
1 GB SDRAM
80 GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA hard drive
New 300W power supply
Fresh install of system and drivers
Running the CAt7.6 that came with the card
Tried to install the 7.10 from visiontek and did worse

Any help here?
TIA
stubs

Old October 24th 07, 04:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
bandit

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:57:54 -0400, "Charlie Maxwell"
wrote:

Sounds like the same problem I have been having with my VisionTek X1950Pro.
Runs fine on 7.7 but will fail dxdiag on anything newer. Could be a problem
with the VisionTek AGP cards. I have seen other posts for other vendor's
AGP cards working.

Regards,
Charlie Maxwell

"St" wrote in message ...
Have posted on the visiontek site with no luck.. thought id try here....
This card runs fine as long as i don't try to run any DX9 3D games.. which
is what is got bought for.. Guildwars mostly
After anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes the machine will either lockup or
reboot.
Compaq SR1303WM
AMD Sempron 3000+ processor
1 GB SDRAM
80 GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA hard drive
New 300W power supply
Fresh install of system and drivers
Running the CAt7.6 that came with the card
Tried to install the 7.10 from visiontek and did worse

Any help here?
TIA
stubs

Sound like it could be either a heat problem with the card or that
300W power supply seams a little low to me,I had a computer do the
same thing a wile back,it would just reboot for no reason,it would run
fine for a wile then after playing a game or sometimes wile in a game
it would just shut down and reboot , after installing a better power
supply all worked just fine I went from 350W to a 550W

and now that I think of it I replaced that power supply because one
day the power supply just quit and the computer would not start up

so if I had to guess the power supply you got isn't any good and I
noticed you said new 300W supply if I was you I would return it and
get a better one before it go's out

Old October 24th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

1) The Compaq SR1303WM uses the VIA KM400 motherboard chipset. You need the
latest VIA AGP chipset (GART) drivers he
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...D=1&CatID=1070

2) If your BIOS allows AGP speed adjustment, instead of 8x or Auto, set it
to 4x. Saw similar problems with my 9800 Pro back in the day (Battlefield2,
Half Life 2 all crash after 5 minutes or so). This solved it. If your BIOS
doesn't allow AGP speed adjustment, you can force it through the SmartGART
tab in the ATi control panel.

3) Be sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed. Microsoft
updates DX9.0c every two months or so, without rolling the version number.
Use the updater utility (released 10/24/2007) he

4) If nothing else solves the problem, then the weak 300W PSU may be to
blame. Even though Visiontek lists a 270W PSU as the minimum requirement, a
particularly low-quality PSU of higher wattage may not be able to support
the current draw.

Old October 29th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
St

just a follow up.. no luck still not running in 3D mode.. dxdiag checks ok
just won't run guild wars more than a few min'
running a new 350w power supply; latest dx9's, back to the 9.6 drivers as
nothing else will even let GW start. Always get a DX not installed?
weard....

stubs

Old October 31st 07, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
St

AGP speed 8x; Tried setting to 4X didn't help
Fast write OFF
AGP write ON
AGP read ON
PCI write ON
PCI read ON

Tried turning down the Hardware acceleration on the Troubleshoot tab in the
advanced Display Properties dialog.. no luck, no change there either...
beginning to think there may be something on it's way out on the
motherboard... just waiting for something to POP...

Old October 31st 07, 06:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Strange... Then again, I don't play Guild Wars. So it may be a condition
that currently also exists on my comp but had gone unnoticed.