Epson Print CD

Old August 6th 04, 12:02 PM
Don Pyeatt

Default Epson Print CD

Greetings,

I have a new (refurb from Epson) 960 printer with capability of printing
directly on CD-ROMs and DVDs. My question is: Must I use the bundled
"Print CD" software to generate artwork for the labels or can I produce
it with Photoshop? Any tips for the latter?

Thanks!

Don
www.B-36peacemakermuseum.org
http://www.cowtown.net/proweb/B36_Home.htm

Old August 6th 04, 05:42 PM
Douglas

You can use Photoshop to create your artwork.Just save it in a folder,then
import it when you are in Print Cd.I usually put my customs in my
pictures/cd labels.By the way,good luck with your 960.Mine bit the dust 2
weeks after the warranty ran out!

Old August 6th 04, 08:15 PM
Don Pyeatt

"Douglas" . wrote in message
news
You can use Photoshop to create your artwork. Just save it in a

folder,then
import it when you are in Print Cd.

Cool, thanks! But I don't want to use Print CD, I want to print
directly from Photoshop.

Don

Old August 6th 04, 09:16 PM
beezer

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:15:10 -0500, "Don Pyeatt"
wrote:

Cool, thanks! But I don't want to use Print CD, I want to print
directly from Photoshop.

Don

that should be no trouble, just make a template layer to the size of
your cd and then use a clipping path of your artwork. you might want
to print just lite template outline to get things lined up first.

Illustrator would be a better program to use for that sorta thing if
you have it. you could also search the web for any free templates all
setup for ya....

Old August 7th 04, 06:04 PM
Bubba

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a new (refurb from Epson) 960 printer with capability of printing
directly on CD-ROMs and DVDs. My question is: Must I use the bundled
"Print CD" software to generate artwork for the labels or can I produce
it with Photoshop? Any tips for the latter?

Thanks!

Don
www.B-36peacemakermuseum.org
http://www.cowtown.net/proweb/B36_Home.htm

Look at the bottom of this page to see what
programs can print on Epson printers.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/C...seBVCookie=yes

This page does not specifically mention 960.

Bubba

wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
Epson vs Canon Miss Perspicacia Tick Printers 15 July 2nd 04 03:16 AM
Epson RX600 incompatible with Linksys Wireless-G for USB2.0 print server WPS54GU2 TJ Printers 2 April 10th 04 04:34 PM
4x6 printers Kenneth Oakman Printers 8 February 29th 04 10:37 PM
Matching print colors to Monitor screen David Chien Printers 8 January 25th 04 01:58 PM