Deceptive Ad on TV

Old January 20th 05, 12:14 AM
Taylor Palmer

Default Deceptive Ad on TV

Has anyone seen the Dell advertisement on TV where the guy is lying on the
bed talking to Dell tech support on the phone? This is deceptive because the
Dell tech in the commercial speaks English, and we all know this IS NOT the
case when one calls Dell support.

Old January 20th 05, 12:44 AM
HillBillyBuddhist

"Taylor Palmer" wrote in message
Has anyone seen the Dell advertisement on TV where the guy is lying on the
bed talking to Dell tech support on the phone? This is deceptive because
the Dell tech in the commercial speaks English, and we all know this IS
NOT the case when one calls Dell support.

Say it isn't so. Deceptive advertising? My faith in humanity is lost.

I sure hope other advertisers don't start doing it too. It could seriously
damage the reputation of an otherwise respectable and conscientious segment
of society... ;-)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Old January 20th 05, 12:44 AM
S.Lewis

"Taylor Palmer" wrote in message
Has anyone seen the Dell advertisement on TV where the guy is lying on the
bed talking to Dell tech support on the phone? This is deceptive because
the Dell tech in the commercial speaks English, and we all know this IS
NOT the case when one calls Dell support.

Duly noted that the tech was caucasian and appeared to be located in the
states for what appears to be a "home/residential" user.

Has anyone on the home side had a call answered by a tech stateside lately?
I haven't had to call them in quite some time, so I don't know....

Stew

Old January 20th 05, 12:45 AM
Ogden Johnson III

"Taylor Palmer" wrote:

Has anyone seen the Dell advertisement on TV where the guy is lying on the
bed talking to Dell tech support on the phone? This is deceptive because the
Dell tech in the commercial speaks English, and we all know this IS NOT the
case when one calls Dell support.

You, of course, have filed your formal complaint with the Federal
Trade Commission over this gross violation of the "Truth in
Advertising Act".
--
OJ III
Old January 20th 05, 01:04 AM
Notan

Taylor Palmer wrote:

Has anyone seen the Dell advertisement on TV where the guy is lying on the
bed talking to Dell tech support on the phone? This is deceptive because the
Dell tech in the commercial speaks English, and we all know this IS NOT the
case when one calls Dell support.

Not true? Hmmmm.

I called Tech Support, just a few days ago, and spoke to
a very knowledgeable gentleman in Texas.

Notan
Old January 20th 05, 01:07 AM
S.Lewis

"Notan" wrote in message
Taylor Palmer wrote:

Has anyone seen the Dell advertisement on TV where the guy is lying on
the
bed talking to Dell tech support on the phone? This is deceptive because
the
Dell tech in the commercial speaks English, and we all know this IS NOT
the
case when one calls Dell support.

Not true? Hmmmm.

I called Tech Support, just a few days ago, and spoke to
a very knowledgeable gentleman in Texas.

Notan

Shazam. Hence my qualifier. Did you call about a home, not corporate,
system?

Stew

Old January 20th 05, 01:21 AM
Notan

"S.Lewis" wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
Taylor Palmer wrote:

Has anyone seen the Dell advertisement on TV where the guy is lying on
the
bed talking to Dell tech support on the phone? This is deceptive because
the
Dell tech in the commercial speaks English, and we all know this IS NOT
the
case when one calls Dell support.

Not true? Hmmmm.

I called Tech Support, just a few days ago, and spoke to
a very knowledgeable gentleman in Texas.

Notan

Shazam. Hence my qualifier. Did you call about a home, not corporate,
system?

Yep, I missed the qualifier.

Small Business.

Notan
Old January 20th 05, 02:19 AM
S.Lewis

"Taylor Palmer" wrote in message
Wow! You are lucky. I aleways get someone I cannot understand.

My mother-in-law picked up the phone?

Old January 20th 05, 03:48 AM
jd

Taylor Palmer wrote:
Wow! You are lucky. I aleways get someone I cannot understand.

"aleways"? boy, good thing for those poor indian folk it's not online
tech support!