Never ending ATI issues

Old June 15th 04, 06:39 AM
Mr.Tree

Default Never ending ATI issues

I am running WINXP, and I have Rage Fury Pro card and a PCI TV Tuner. I was
never able to get the TV to work properly on my system. When I saw MMC 9.0
I thought I try once more to see if those morons at ATI finally got it
right - wishful thinking.

I tried to load MMC 9 but it simply won't install. No error messages no
nothing. It starts to install then it just stops in the middle of
installation with no warning. The computer works fine though it's just that
MMC 9.0 won't load.

Now I have directx 9 and WME 9 and I have uninstalled old ATI software in
control panel. Although there are no ATI stuff in the control panel remove
program section, there is an ATI MMC icon in the control panel that I can
not uninstall, and there is also an ATI help icon in the task bar that I can
not uninstall.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to make MMC 9 work if at all possible, if
not how to remove all traces of ATI **** from my PC.

TIA

Old June 15th 04, 11:14 PM
GMAN

In article , "Mr.Tree" wrote:
[...]

I dont thing MMC 9.0 is compatible with the older Rage Fury Pro chipset.

heres a utility to wipe all ATI drivers from the system

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/m...lystutils.html

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe
Old June 16th 04, 02:20 AM
Carlshead

heres a utility to wipe all ATI drivers from the system

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/m...lystutils.html

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

Thanks for the link to the Catalyst removers!

Carl

Old June 19th 04, 04:06 AM
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:20:28 +0000, Carlshead wrote:

heres a utility to wipe all ATI drivers from the system

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/m...lystutils.html

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

cat-uninstaller doesn't seem to get rid of everything.

When SP2 comes out I intend to reformat the hard drive,
then try a virgin MMC 9 install to see if it is indeed
possible to get the current software to work with my
AIW7500 **AND** generate mpegs that Nerovision likes.

--
Chuck Forsberg www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"