ABIT NF7-S 2.0 and mobile Barton 2500 how much overclock ?

Old June 23rd 04, 03:22 PM
Scott Backular

Default ABIT NF7-S 2.0 and mobile Barton 2500 how much overclock ?

Just ordered the Barton 2500 Mobile and now looking for a board to
plonk it into

I had a Be6 1.0 well still do worked great with my Celeron 433, then
went Asus now i think ill go back to Abit.

Can a ABIT NF7-S 2.0 handle mobile cpus the mobile barton 2500 ?

I want to have access to all multipliers that means over 12.5 can this
board do this ?

Anyone have a mobile 2500 running on this board how well does it
overclock as thats what i want to do want to try for 2.7ghz, 2.5 would
be fine though.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

Old June 23rd 04, 03:55 PM
ICee

Scott Backular wrote:
Just ordered the Barton 2500 Mobile and now looking for a board to
plonk it into

I had a Be6 1.0 well still do worked great with my Celeron 433, then
went Asus now i think ill go back to Abit.

Can a ABIT NF7-S 2.0 handle mobile cpus the mobile barton 2500 ?

I want to have access to all multipliers that means over 12.5 can this
board do this ?

Anyone have a mobile 2500 running on this board how well does it
overclock as thats what i want to do want to try for 2.7ghz, 2.5 would
be fine though.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

I believe the NF7-S is the only motherboard that allows all multipliers,
since it reads the 5th bit of the multiplier.

Old June 23rd 04, 04:07 PM
Scott Backular

I wosh it had 4 cpu cooler mounting holes then it would be perfect,
want to put my Zalman 7000a cu on it or a Sp97, but with no mounting
holes its a no no ?.

I hope a revision adds the holes

Iam getting all the info bit my bit the NF7-S 2.0 is my leading mobo
at the momment

Thanks.

Old June 23rd 04, 04:11 PM
ICee

Scott Backular wrote:
I wosh it had 4 cpu cooler mounting holes then it would be perfect,
want to put my Zalman 7000a cu on it or a Sp97, but with no mounting
holes its a no no ?.

I hope a revision adds the holes

Iam getting all the info bit my bit the NF7-S 2.0 is my leading mobo
at the momment

Thanks.

It *does* have heatsink mounting holes. This site has everything you
need to know about the NF7 series MB.
http://www.motherboardfaqs.com/news.php

Old June 23rd 04, 05:05 PM
Scott Backular

Zalman site says i can't fit it though ??, must have Caps in the way
or somthing ?

Does not say why ?

Old June 23rd 04, 05:26 PM
ICee

Scott Backular wrote:
Zalman site says i can't fit it though ??, must have Caps in the way
or somthing ?

Does not say why ?

There's no way to mount it to the CPU or motherboard from what I've seen
of it. A review I read said that it will only fit Intel P4 MB's and
Athlon64 MB's.

Old June 23rd 04, 05:39 PM
ICee

ICee wrote:
Scott Backular wrote:
Zalman site says i can't fit it though ??, must have Caps in the way
or somthing ?

Does not say why ?

There's no way to mount it to the CPU or motherboard from what I've
seen of it. A review I read said that it will only fit Intel P4 MB's
and Athlon64 MB's.

Ok, I see there is an adaptor for mounting it on a socket A MB. This
review mentions that the early version of the NF7-S (rev 1.0,1.2)
doesn't have mounting holes, but the rev 2.0 MB does. Whether there is
room to mount it, I couldn't say.
http://www.digital-daily.com/cooling/zalman-7000a/

Old June 23rd 04, 05:45 PM
ICee

ICee wrote:
ICee wrote:
Scott Backular wrote:
Zalman site says i can't fit it though ??, must have Caps in the
way or somthing ?

Does not say why ?

There's no way to mount it to the CPU or motherboard from what I've
seen of it. A review I read said that it will only fit Intel P4 MB's
and Athlon64 MB's.

Ok, I see there is an adaptor for mounting it on a socket A MB. This
review mentions that the early version of the NF7-S (rev 1.0,1.2)
doesn't have mounting holes, but the rev 2.0 MB does. Whether there
is room to mount it, I couldn't say.
http://www.digital-daily.com/cooling/zalman-7000a/

Found this compatibility chart, and according to it, the 7000a won't fit
the NF7 series MB's. It must be because of caps or the NB heatsink
being in the way.
http://zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/7..._list_eng.html

Old June 23rd 04, 06:35 PM
Scott Backular

Ive been reading on google and yes you can fit it iot means cutting
the clip and pushing a Capacitor out of the way but you can fit it.

I will be very CAREFULL doing it.

Ive got a Vantec AeroFlow for a backup if my nerves fail me, that will
keep the board going long enough for me to get a Thermalright Sp97
have no idea if they will fit hope so

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:45:37 -0400, "ICee"
wrote:

Old June 23rd 04, 07:11 PM
ICee

Scott Backular wrote:
Ive been reading on google and yes you can fit it iot means cutting
the clip and pushing a Capacitor out of the way but you can fit it.

I will be very CAREFULL doing it.

Ive got a Vantec AeroFlow for a backup if my nerves fail me, that will
keep the board going long enough for me to get a Thermalright Sp97
have no idea if they will fit hope so

I have the Vantec AeroFlow on my system as well (NF7-S, XP1700+ o/c to
2200 MHz, FSB 220 MHz). Very quiet and cools very well. The NF7-S is a
great overclocking (or otherwise) MB.

wrote: