Large format document scanner?

Old June 27th 07, 07:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
just bob

Default Large format document scanner?

We've got a lot of engineering drawings up to D size we want to scan. Any
suggestions? I'd be interested in a quality, industry standard machine
supported by maintenance contract.

Thank you,
-Bob

Old June 27th 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
CSM1

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote in message
We've got a lot of engineering drawings up to D size we want to scan. Any
suggestions? I'd be interested in a quality, industry standard machine
supported by maintenance contract.

Thank you,
-Bob

I understand that "D" size paper is 22 X 34 inches. These scanners can go up
to around 54 inches wide.

I can give you some links to large format scanners. It is up to you to
decide which one will fit your needs.

http://www.contex.com/applicationart...apscanners.htm

http://www.oceusa.com/main/product_g...374302 161407

http://www.colortrac.com/overview.htm

This company has more that one brand of scanner.
http://www.ideal.com/

http://www.largeformatscanners.com/

You also can search Google for "Large Format Scanners" with or without
quotes.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old July 2nd 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
just bob

Hi, thanks for the info. I asked our rep at CDW and he suggested a Vidar 36"
scanner, which is $9k. Ouch! But if the resale value is high it might be
cheaper than renting one.... if I could rent one.

. net...

Old February 2nd 09, 02:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Gordon Hamm

On 2007-06-27 11:05:18 -0700, "just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom said:

We've got a lot of engineering drawings up to D size we want to scan. Any
suggestions? I'd be interested in a quality, industry standard machine
supported by maintenance contract.

Thank you,
-Bob

I have a large format Vidar 42" Titan Atlas color scanner
for sale. Includes SCSI card and EastScan software.
Excellent condition.
Price: $5000.00 Can.

Old January 24th 10, 06:13 PM
basudec1509 basudec1509 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just bob View Post
We've got a lot of engineering drawings up to D size we want to scan. Any
suggestions? I'd be interested in a quality, industry standard machine
supported by maintenance contract.

Thank you,
-Bob

hello guys ...

its really nice and informative post....

i just liked it....

thanks for your information guys ...........