HP LCD L2335 monitor, 0.7 millimeters rotated.

Old November 10th 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck Flying

Default HP LCD L2335 monitor, 0.7 millimeters rotated.

Hello,

The HP LCD L2335 monitor is a widescreen 1920x1200 monitor which also has a
90 degrees rotating future so it can be used in portrait mode.

However when the monitor is in landscape mode the monitors is hanging 0.7
millimeters "rotated".

In other words:

Left side of monitor is located 15.5 centimeters from the table.
Right side of monitor is located 16.2 centimeters from the table.

So that's a difference of 0.7 millimeters. (0.027 inches for americans )

It's not a lot but it's still an inperfection. Maybe it was caused by
transport damage, there was some damage on the foam.

Or maybe it's simply a mounting sloppyness or maybe it's just the mechanism.

The moral of this story is to point out that some features can also be or
have a hidden drawback.

I don't really use the 90 degrees rotating feature. Maybe sometime I might
use it in the future... but then again maybe not.

So for future purchasers I would recommend not to add to much weight to such
a feature.

This is not really a usefull feature... at least not for me.

However I did see a book-accountant which did have a portrait mode
monitor... he-he, matter of taste I guess.

However don't be fooled... such a widescreen monitor as mine is HUGE when
rotated 90 degrees.

And it feels rather really small horizontally when rotated

I did try it once it was kinda funny... I actually played civ3 conquest with
it.

Oh well I guess it's a nice feature to have after all... who knows it might
come in handy.

However it's my job as a consumer to report all inperfections.

So there you go

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 10th 06, 03:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rene Lamontagne

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hello,

The HP LCD L2335 monitor is a widescreen 1920x1200 monitor which also has
a 90 degrees rotating future so it can be used in portrait mode.

However when the monitor is in landscape mode the monitors is hanging 0.7
millimeters "rotated".

In other words:

Left side of monitor is located 15.5 centimeters from the table.
Right side of monitor is located 16.2 centimeters from the table.

So that's a difference of 0.7 millimeters. (0.027 inches for americans )

Nope, thats .7 centimetrs which is 7 millimeters which is about .270 inches
or a little better than one quarter inch

Better go back to math 101

Old November 10th 06, 04:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck Flying

)

Nope, thats .7 centimetrs which is 7 millimeters which is about .270
inches or a little better than one quarter inch

Yes you correct, my mistake.

It's indeed 7 millimeters or 0.7 centimeters

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 11th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Stephen

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:28:40 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

Hello,

The HP LCD L2335 monitor is a widescreen 1920x1200 monitor which also has a
90 degrees rotating future so it can be used in portrait mode.

However when the monitor is in landscape mode the monitors is hanging 0.7
millimeters "rotated".

In other words:

Left side of monitor is located 15.5 centimeters from the table.
Right side of monitor is located 16.2 centimeters from the table.

Tilt your chair and keyboard the same amount and it won't be as
noticeable. :-)

Stephen