PB911 Front Panel Connections

Old May 5th 04, 07:28 PM

Default PB911 Front Panel Connections

Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that has
this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready 9935
computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a OEM
board and the connector header has been redesigned.

Thanks.

Old May 5th 04, 07:49 PM
Elector

wrote in message
k.net...
Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

has
this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready 9935
computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a OEM
board and the connector header has been redesigned.

Thanks.

I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web site
http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
http://www.google.com

Elector

Old May 6th 04, 03:03 AM

"Elector" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...
Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

has
this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready

9935
computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a

OEM
board and the connector header has been redesigned.

Thanks.

I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web

site
http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
http://www.google.com

Elector

Hi Elector. How you doing? Thanks for the links. I had been to google and
looked at the first 18-20 pages of hits. No dice. The NEC website is no
help. It looks like they have turned over the documents for these older
systems to priorityone and they want the $69.95 to join before you can
access these documents. Since NEC bought Packard Bell I was thinking maybe
someone on here still had one of these and could give me the diagram of the
connectors or send me a pdf file of the manual.

I could probably use my multimeter and find the pwr switch but there is the
possibility of shorting out the board if the connector is oriented the wrong
way.

I guess it might pay me to be patient and wait a while and see what turns
up. I might accidently find this info or the manual.

Regards.

Old May 6th 04, 03:48 AM

"Elector" wrote in message

wrote in message
k.net...
Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

has
this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready

9935
computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a

OEM
board and the connector header has been redesigned.

Thanks.

I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web

site
http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
http://www.google.com

Elector

Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also found a
link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the pinout for
the front panel connectors. :-(

Old May 6th 04, 11:25 AM
Elector

wrote in message
nk.net...
snip
Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also

found a
link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the

pinout for
the front panel connectors. :-(

Hello my friend, your in luck I have the system specs for that PB911
at my Yahoo Groups Site with pin assignments he
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialpackardbellusers/

These files are from my good friend Velix who like Ray had a great PB
Help site.

Hope that helped?

Elector

Old May 6th 04, 11:29 AM
Elector

wrote in message
ink.net...
snip
[...]

Doing fine my friend. I noticed you at the HP group helping out Ben,
At the next reply you will see that I have the files you need and have
placed them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialpackardbellusers/
in the file section under PB 911.

I believe you have already joined both my help sites, you can also
join under a bogus name if you so desire since the groups I maintain
do not send foolish alerts or unwanted information. Nor do we post for
the sake of posting. That is why our groups are so successful.

Elector

Old May 6th 04, 04:07 PM

"Elector" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...
snip
Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also

found a
link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the

pinout for
the front panel connectors. :-(

Hello my friend, your in luck I have the system specs for that PB911
at my Yahoo Groups Site with pin assignments he
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialpackardbellusers/

These files are from my good friend Velix who like Ray had a great PB
Help site.

Hope that helped?

Elector

Elector, Many Thanks.

Old May 6th 04, 04:13 PM

"Elector" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...
snip
[...]

I guess you caught me Elector. I usually just go and read the posts but once
in a while someone asks about something that I know a little about. Most of
the time I don't answer since Ben usually responds with the "good stuff".
It's a good way for me learn some things and maybe solve some of my own
problems.

Regards. BR549