Video Bos question

Old August 11th 03, 05:55 AM
steve

Default Video Bos question

I have the sapphire 9800 pro....i looked on ATI's and Sapphire's sites to
find bios updates and cant seem to find any...i am running 008.004.019..is
this the latest, and if not where can i find newer..
Thanks
Steve

Old August 11th 03, 10:37 AM
Alan Shepherd

Ati do not officially support Bios upgrades.

Does the TV Out work in windows? Even if it does not work in Bios screen?

I have an issue where the card will not send signal to the monitor half of
the time. You have to press the power button 3 or 4 times for it to
work......this is a MSI K7N2 mobo issue that is well documented in thier
forums. Someone over there said to try flashing the vid bios....i just

cant
find a flash anywhere

Old August 11th 03, 03:02 PM
Doughnut

Hi,

I have the same problem with my saphire 9700pro, you dont need a bios
update for your video card, the bios you need is for the motherboard. There
is an issue with the newer bioses for the K7N2 boards. If you flash your
motherboard back to v1.2 for the msi k7n2g-ilsr then it will be ok, try an
earlier version and see how you get on.
The Msi forum has loads of post for this problem Fo rum Here
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_serv...3320811&page=1

take a look.
Cheers
doughnut

"steve" wrote in message
. ..
I have an issue where the card will not send signal to the monitor half of
the time. You have to press the power button 3 or 4 times for it to
work......this is a MSI K7N2 mobo issue that is well documented in thier
forums. Someone over there said to try flashing the vid bios....i just

cant
find a flash anywhere
hlink.net...

Old August 11th 03, 04:29 PM
steve

Thanks,
But i am on the latest mainboard bios now and was hoping not to go back...i
had problems with some of the previous bios releases and am finally stable
with this bios update. I just got the vid card last week and i was getting
ready to RMA the thing back until i found out lot of other people are having
the same issue....I think i will just put up with turning it on and off a
few times at boot up...it works great after it is up and running....

Thanks
Steve

"Doughnut" wrote in message
Hi,

I have the same problem with my saphire 9700pro, you dont need a bios
update for your video card, the bios you need is for the motherboard.

There
is an issue with the newer bioses for the K7N2 boards. If you flash your
motherboard back to v1.2 for the msi k7n2g-ilsr then it will be ok, try

an
earlier version and see how you get on.
The Msi forum has loads of post for this problem Fo rum Here

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_serv...3320811&page=1

take a look.
Cheers
doughnut

"steve" wrote in message
. ..
I have an issue where the card will not send signal to the monitor half

of
the time. You have to press the power button 3 or 4 times for it to
work......this is a MSI K7N2 mobo issue that is well documented in thier
forums. Someone over there said to try flashing the vid bios....i just

cant
find a flash anywhere
hlink.net...

Old August 11th 03, 08:38 PM
Doughnut

I got fed up with the monitor not coming on , pressing reset sometimes upto
10 times didnt work, so i went back to v1.2 and everything is fine now.

doughnut

"Doughnut" wrote in message
Hi,

I have the same problem with my saphire 9700pro, you dont need a bios
update for your video card, the bios you need is for the motherboard.

There
is an issue with the newer bioses for the K7N2 boards. If you flash

your
motherboard back to v1.2 for the msi k7n2g-ilsr then it will be ok, try

an
earlier version and see how you get on.
The Msi forum has loads of post for this problem Fo rum Here

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_serv...3320811&page=1

take a look.
Cheers
doughnut

"steve" wrote in message
. ..
I have an issue where the card will not send signal to the monitor

half
of
the time. You have to press the power button 3 or 4 times for it to
work......this is a MSI K7N2 mobo issue that is well documented in

thier
forums. Someone over there said to try flashing the vid bios....i

just
cant
find a flash anywhere
hlink.net...

"steve" wrote in message
I have the sapphire 9800 pro....i looked on ATI's and Sapphire's

sites
find bios updates and cant seem to find any...i am running
008.004.019..is
this the latest, and if not where can i find newer..
Thanks
Steve

question about a video card shof515 Gigabyte Motherboards 1 February 16th 05 03:46 PM
Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card Andy Kuo AMD x86-64 Processors 3 November 6th 04 12:02 AM
KVM and video question Clark General 3 November 5th 04 01:48 AM
New Video Card AGP B&B Musmon Overclocking AMD Processors 1 August 29th 04 02:25 PM