How to set boot order in Sabertooth X79

Old July 15th 13, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Cyborg-HAF

Default How to set boot order in Sabertooth X79

I have a Asus Sabertooth X79 motherboard in my current
homebuilt system, and have two Western Digital 2TB Black harddrives
with one used to boot my Windows 7 64-bit. When I do a cold boot the
bios boots the wrong drive and fails to boot, and I have to get into
the bios to make a temporay boot order for the P1 patiton on the
proper drive but this change is not saved; the bios just boots
directly in my Windows with no opportunity to save the proper setting.
I've looked through the whole bios checking all pages for the boot
order other the Ezy Mode setting to set my optical drive before the
harddrive, but it doesn't let me set which disk comes up when the
drive is listed, and Boot page in the Advanced has no setting for
drive order. The motherboard paper manual has no mention of it either
and I couldn't find any info on Asus website either. Even a restart
of Windows runs into the same issue.
Herb
Old July 15th 13, 05:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Cyborg-HAF wrote:
[...]

I see at least the latest manual, the screenshots are now readable.
The early version of that manual, each screenshot was a blur. It's
a good thing I checked for an update to the manual.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...RTOOTH_X79.pdf

Try page 92 (3-30), look at "Hard Drive BBS Priorities". There is
no explanation section in the manual (as you'd expect). So
you'll "just have to wing it", as they say in China when they
write these manuals. It could be a means of setting boot
priority of hard drives, but who really knows.

Paul

Sabertooth X58 MemOK/F1 error on boot QX Asus Motherboards 0 January 22nd 11 05:36 AM
BIOS allows HDD boot order housetrained Homebuilt PC's 6 May 29th 07 07:15 PM
Boot Order MZB Dell Computers 6 December 22nd 06 12:48 PM
IDE boot order HELP!!!!! bob monk Gigabyte Motherboards 0 August 1st 03 09:44 PM