Firefox refuses to find printer

Old December 28th 19, 11:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stuart[_3_]

Default Firefox refuses to find printer

I have a Windows 7 pro computer connected to two Network printers. An
Epson WF-7515 and a Dell 2330dn, which is the default printer.

When I try to print from Firefox it insists on printing to the Epson and
does not offer the choice. When I try "find printer" it refuses to find
the Dell whether I search on variants of it's name of even it's IP address.

Firefox is the current version 71.0

All other applications behave normally, allowing choice of printer.

How can I get Firefox to print to the Dell

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/
Old December 29th 19, 05:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andreas Kohlbach

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 22:33:48 +0000 (GMT), Stuart wrote:

I have a Windows 7 pro computer connected to two Network printers. An

^^^^^^^^^
You know the January 14th 2020 deadline?

Epson WF-7515 and a Dell 2330dn, which is the default printer.

When I try to print from Firefox it insists on printing to the Epson and
does not offer the choice. When I try "find printer" it refuses to find
the Dell whether I search on variants of it's name of even it's IP address.

Firefox is the current version 71.0

All other applications behave normally, allowing choice of printer.

How can I get Firefox to print to the Dell

Setup a new user in Firefox and verify if the problem persists.
--
Andreas
Old December 30th 19, 10:08 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stuart[_3_]

In article ,
Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 22:33:48 +0000 (GMT), Stuart wrote:

I have a Windows 7 pro computer connected to two Network printers. An

^^^^^^^^^
You know the January 14th 2020 deadline?

I'm not unduly concerned about that for the moment. I've been considering
moving to Linux but persuading my wife is a different story. I still have
an XP box in use without issue, though it never goes onto the internet.

Setup a new user in Firefox and verify if the problem persists.

I've just checked out my wife's profile and everything seems to be working
correctly so the issue seems to be with mine.

Old December 30th 19, 04:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andreas Kohlbach

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 09:08:48 +0000 (GMT), Stuart wrote:

In article ,
Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 22:33:48 +0000 (GMT), Stuart wrote:

I have a Windows 7 pro computer connected to two Network printers. An

^^^^^^^^^
You know the January 14th 2020 deadline?

I'm not unduly concerned about that for the moment. I've been considering
moving to Linux but persuading my wife is a different story.

There are several "Linux on a USB stick" or CD out there. You can show
them to you wife without installing it. Play with Linux for a couple of
days at least to make up your minds.

I still have an XP box in use without issue, though it never goes onto
the internet.

Being offline is the point.

Setup a new user in Firefox and verify if the problem persists.

I've just checked out my wife's profile and everything seems to be working
correctly so the issue seems to be with mine.

It's hard to tell what could be the reason. If you didn't put too much
effort into the profile setup I suggest to delete it and create a new
from scratch.
--
Andreas
Old January 11th 20, 01:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stuart[_3_]

In article ,
Stuart wrote:

Setup a new user in Firefox and verify if the problem persists.

I've just checked out my wife's profile and everything seems to be
working correctly so the issue seems to be with mine.

I did try setting up a new profile but the behaviour is exactly the same,
no choice of printer, just the Epson.

However, I did discover in my frustration, trying everything, that the box
the printer name appears in was editable and when I changed it to the
Dell, lo and behold, I was able to print to it.

Why the FF developers have made it so difficult and non-obvious I cannot
imagine.