A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » Video Cards » Nvidia Videocards
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

World of Warships reset audio settings when switching audio chip.

Old October 1st 19, 04:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default World of Warships reset audio settings when switching audio chip.

In game World of Warships 0.8.8:

There is currently a sound issue/bug, not sure if it's intended behaviour or if it's a bug, issue is as follows:

My PC has two audio options: Creative Labs soundblaster and Realtek audio chip.
The soundblaster is connected to receiver/speakers analog. The realtek is connected via fiber optics/digital to receiver/speakers as well.

Sometimes I switch between these two sound chips when I want to hear clean music on realtek digital chip, and play the game at same time. This is only 2 channel stereo sound channel.

The creative labs has 7.1 surround sound channels.

So after some time listening to music I change back to creative labs audio chip for better 7.1 sound for game.

Strangely enough the game itself resets the audio options to:

1. Low quality
and
2. Ear plugs

I think this happens when changing audio playback option in mixer in windows... so when I switch audio chips.

This behaviour is kinda surprising and somewhat annoying cause it makes the game sound horrible without me even noticing or knowing why... well now I know unless I forget.

So solution would be as follows:

1. WoWS needs to store audio-configuration options per audio-solution/chip.

2. When I switch back to creative labs it loads the audio options for that sound chip.

Or alternatively it simply does not reset it's current settings... I don't know why it does it but it's strange.

Maybe wows detects that realtek is only 2 channel audio chip and switches to earplugs/low quality.

However when I switch back to analog/creative labs 7.1 it doesn't detect that it's 7.1 capable and thus it's not using correct/best audio settings.

I can understand chosing low settings for quality.

But at least it should pick stereo/surround options for the other setting/detect best available speaker setup correctly.

Bye,
Skybuck.