restoring a partition

Old May 14th 05, 04:20 PM
coltrane

Default restoring a partition

While I was fighting with the boot order of my system I deleted a
partition on a hard drive. Can someone recommend a product that will
help me get it back. I am running Windows 2003. This causes a problem
with some apps because they won't run on what they consider an
"enterprise" system.

thanks for your help

john

Old May 14th 05, 05:05 PM
Zvi Netiv

"coltrane" wrote:

While I was fighting with the boot order of my system I deleted a
partition on a hard drive. Can someone recommend a product that will
help me get it back. I am running Windows 2003. This causes a problem
with some apps because they won't run on what they consider an
"enterprise" system.

If you provided more detailed information then someone here could probably help
you. Follows a list of questions to fill the blanks:

Please describe the physical and logical drives configuration before and after
having deleted the partition, and their total capacity.

Specify the file system type of every partition (NTFS, FAT-32?), its assigned
letter before and after the change, its order on the physical drive, and the
declared or estimated capacity of each partition.

Also, please describe how *exactly* you deleted the partition, like with what
application and how.

Your reply to these questions is critical to the recovery of the lost partition.
Boot sectors of both NTFS and FAT32 partitions have a backup and partition /
extended partition sectors can be recalculated and rebuilt.

Regards, Zvi
--
NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities

Old May 14th 05, 06:07 PM
Bob

On 14 May 2005 09:29:24 -0700, "Mad Scientist Jr"
wrote:

Please do not top post. It is the sign of an amateur.

You might want to look into Easy Recovery Pro, it worked for me

From a McAfee forum:

+++
In September, I had a disk crash and took it to a recovery shop that
extorted 1600.00 out of me over six months. In order to stop the cycle
of extortion, I stopped bringing my computer there once I was sure I
had the original hard disk back. The data was once recovered and saved
to a different disk that they subsequently replaced--without rewriting
the recovered data.

I am now back at square one, but I know the data is recoverable, and
the disk hasn't been written to.

Then, I tried the R-Studio data recovery suite (around 140.00). That
one only recognized the 200 GB Maxtor drive (NTFS) as 128 GB. Their
support was unresponsive, too.

Within the last couple weeks, at the recommendation of a friend, I
purchased Data Recovery Pro from McAfee for around 100.00 at
http://us.mcafee.com/root/package.asp?pkgid=107. The McAfee product
also fails to recognize the entire 200GB drive, and will not enumerate
the directories I need to recover.

I now find that McAfee has apparently tricked me into buying a product
that they no longer support--a legacy product for which technical
support is unavailable (see the page above).
+++

Old May 14th 05, 06:52 PM
Rod Speed

No its not.

Old May 14th 05, 11:19 PM
Eric Gisin

**** off, asshole. Trolling is the sign of an idiot.

Old May 15th 05, 03:28 AM
Bob

On Sun, 15 May 2005 03:52:56 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

No its not.

Please do not top post. It is the sign of an amateur.

You might want to look into Easy Recovery Pro, it worked for me

Actually it is on Usenet forums.

Old May 15th 05, 03:32 AM
Bob

wrote:

Please do not top post. It is the sign of an amateur.

Now we all know you are the troll.

Bugger off, leftist queer. Find a 13 year old to butt **** like a good
little commie fruitcake.

Old May 15th 05, 04:05 AM
Rod Speed

Nope, and this isnt a usenet forum, its a newsgroup.

Bob wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote

No its not.

Old May 15th 05, 11:52 AM
Bob

On Sun, 15 May 2005 13:05:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Nope, and this isnt a usenet forum, its a newsgroup.

I don't care what name it goes by, top posting is amateurish.

BTW, is your apostrophe key broken?