What abt Vostro?

Old August 7th 07, 08:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default What abt Vostro?

This new line any good?

Especially the laptops such as 14 " model?

Would you buy one over say a Latitude?
Old August 7th 07, 10:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

wrote in message
This new line any good?

Especially the laptops such as 14 " model?

Would you buy one over say a Latitude?

No. Though I am only basing this on the few Inspiron and Vostro desktops
I've seen.

To me, Latitude is more of a known quantity at this early point.

jmo.

Stew

Old August 8th 07, 11:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

The intriguing thing about Vostro laptops is that they allow up to 4gb
of RAM without an insane price premium. They even offer 3gb.

Old August 8th 07, 08:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:01:16 GMT, Ron Hardin
wrote:

The intriguing thing about Vostro laptops is that they allow up to 4gb
of RAM without an insane price premium. They even offer 3gb.

You're right Ron that is very intriguing! The additional RAM is very
affordable. In the past adding over 2G RAM to a laptop meant a huge
price increase (like $1,800 for 4G!!!)
Old August 8th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

wrote:

The intriguing thing about Vostro laptops is that they allow up to 4gb
of RAM without an insane price premium. They even offer 3gb.

You're right Ron that is very intriguing! The additional RAM is very
affordable. In the past adding over 2G RAM to a laptop meant a huge
price increase (like $1,800 for 4G!!!)

One thing I noticed ant the Vostro laptops was a
magnesium case.

such a case used for Latitude as well?
Old August 8th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Journey wrote:

I don't have any experience with the Vostro line, but I like the
Latitude line a lot, especially the D520.

so you think that D520 a great value huh?

even more so than the 640m was?

better value than the D630?
Old August 9th 07, 04:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Journey wrote:

I don't know anything about the new Vostros other than
what I am learning in this thread.

Me either

Trying to wrap my brain around the Vostro line and why
me or anyone else would buy it over a Latitude.

I mean.... there MAY be reason to go Vostro.... just
not apparent to me yet