how can I fix my hard drive. (physical damage I think)

Old April 5th 05, 08:43 PM

Default how can I fix my hard drive. (physical damage I think)

When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
when I turn on my computer.

when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
partition, and I can't do anything.

I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
screws... lol

thanks.

Old April 5th 05, 09:53 PM
Rod Speed

wrote in message
oups.com...

When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try
to partition or do anything it won't do anything. And it
does make strange sounds when I turn on my computer.

Thats usually pretty good evidence that its dying.

You into necrophilia ?

when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos)
it said bad partition, and I can't do anything.

Run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic on the drive.

I want to open up and look inside, but I
can't unscrew some werids screws... lol

See above on necrophilia.

Old April 5th 05, 10:36 PM
CWatters

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
I want to open up and look inside,

Only do that once you have given up all hope of recovering the data... but
you know that right?

Old April 10th 05, 05:26 AM
Rod Speed

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message
enews.net...
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message
news.net...
"Arno Wagner" wrote in message

Previously
wrote:
When I do fdisk, it reconginize my drive. But when I try to partition
or do anything it won't do anything. And it does make strange sounds
when I turn on my computer.

when I use Partition Magic 8 (the rescue disks in dos) it said bad
partition, and I can't do anything.

I want to open up and look inside, but I can't unscrew some werids
screws... lol

That is intentional.

If it was intentional, they wouldn't have used standard Torx screws.
They would have used a more specialized screw like Torq-Set
(offset Philips), Triwing (Philips like) or Robertson (square).
Or used tamper resistant Torx (with pin inside) at a minimum.
Standard Torx can even be removed with a standard blade screw
driver (the ones used for watches) if it is sufficiently hardened.

OTOH its obviously why a standard philips head wasnt used.

What is?
(*IF* there's even a standard for the philips screw head ;-))

Often a cheap philips screw driver fits better than the professional type
but then maybe that's b.c. of most of the screws themselfs aren't 'standard'?

Even you should be able to manage a more viable troll than that pathetic effort.

Opening a drive without a clean room and the necessary tools, knowledge
and experience is certain death to that drive. Not necessarily immediate
death, but it will not live long.