P5PE-VM - Display Adaptor Problems

Old May 5th 07, 12:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Geoff[_4_]

Default P5PE-VM - Display Adaptor Problems

New build P5PE-VM, Pentium D940, 2 x 512Mb RAM (Dual Channel).

I've googled around for an answer to my problem without success. My old
system had a two monitor setup (dual view) running from one Nvidia FX5600
Graphics Card and wanted the same setup on this new build. Disabled the
onboard graphics in BIOS (set to AGP/PCI) and installed the FX5600. The
computer reboots through to Windows without any video, not even a POST
screen. Tried changing the BIOS to AGP/Int VGA but exactly the same problem.
Have tried it with a spare FX5200 card and exactly the same. Both cards are
working perfectly on both of my older Socket A motherboards.

The question is am I doing something wrong (long time AMD user with no
experience of Pentiums and Pentium motherboards), or is the motherboard is
faulty and needs to be RMA'd or is there a known compatibility between this
motherboard and Nvidia graphics adaptors and a fix available.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Geoff