P4e - IC7 - bios question

Old June 28th 04, 01:36 PM
fish

Default P4e - IC7 - bios question

I've been using the same board IC7 since late last year with a P4c 2.6 at
3.2 (250fsb) with XMS memory at 5:4 (200mhz) cl2-2-2-6.

I changed the CPU for a P4e 2.8 which I am now running at 3.3 (240fsb) with
the same memory at 5:4 (192mhz) cl2-2-2-6.

I updated the BIOS from 13 to 24 because of the additional SATA support. I
also gave up 2 ATA 120's for 2 SATA 250's. I also swapped an Enermax 430w
PSU for a Zalman 400w PSU.

System is rock solid running folding, 3D Marks and such without an lockups.

My only issue has been posting after prolonged periods of being off. System
will not post. I have to turn the PSU off and on, then it will post - I then
jump into the BIOS and find the memory bus switched from 5:4 to SPD as well
as the memory timings changed from 2-2-2-6 to SPD. The system will NOT boot
with a SPD memory bus which is 1:1. It will post but boot into windows.

Why is the BIOS changing these values after prolonged periods of time? I can
restart the system over and over again with no problems, I can even shut it
off for a while and its fine but overnight is not.

Entire system is on a Battery Backup device as well.