OT trivia: Strange Windows clipboard behavior

Old November 22nd 06, 09:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default OT trivia: Strange Windows clipboard behavior

Using:
Windows XP SP2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

.... simply select and copy this streaming media link to the clipboard
mms://211.233.92.44/H_2TV

.... minimize all Windows, right-click on the desktop to produce a new
file, and before pressing enter to accept the default filename, paste
the clipboard contents link into the name field

.... after that (illegal character) paste action, whether you accept or
cancel, apparently you end up with something different and strange in
the clipboard

.... try pasting it to the address line in Internet Explorer

.... try pasting it to WordPad

.... notice you get two different results, one without the slashes and
the other with the slashes

Recopying the filename resets the correct action for pasting into
Internet Explorer's address line.

I'm not familiar enough with how the clipboard works to know what's
up. As far as I know, it must be something in the clipboard, but
conceivably it could have to do with the framework (Windows).

Have fun.

Old November 22nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

put the computer away and get a PSP, your usless around computers. As
always your OT description of the problem does not happen on my machine.

Old November 27th 06, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default OT trivia: start

"JAD" JOHN DOE PORN_ ADDY_ HARVESTER.com wrote:
John Doe wrote:

[...]

Lying troll.

See also:
Yeah it an oddity of Windows, but perfectly normal. Windows perhaps
trying to suggest what it thinks you *meant* to paste.
Jon

From: "JAD" JOHN DOE PORN_ ADDY_ HARVESTER.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:14:48 -0800

Old November 27th 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

John Doe wrote:

[...]

because somebody named Jon said its an oddity, it must be so ? Mark you
really should get some help. Your sick in some way and a doctor of some
degree needs to intervene on your behalf. BTW ever hear of 'auto-complete'
and its quirks?

Old November 27th 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

A lying counselor wanna-be troll with a new story.

From: "JAD" kapasitor earthcharter.net
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: OT trivia: start

Old November 27th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"John Doe" wrote in message
A lying counselor wanna-be troll with a new story.

Mark it has come time to say goodby. The kill file, my good friend, will be
employed once again(no matter how many times its needed in your shifting
attempts its just too easy). I hope that you get some help. Since your right
off the 10frwy maybe I'll stop in and see how your doing on my way to
ChiTown. My mom the whore sends her regards, and hopes that you recieve some
kind of happiness, since it is the 'holidays' and all. Remember that I will
always pity you and your shallow existance, and be content in the fact that
its true, whatever goes around comes around.

Later Misfit........

Old November 27th 06, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"JAD" wrote:

The kill file, my good friend, will be employed once again

At least until JAD's imaginary kill file friend runs away again.

(no matter how many times its needed in your shifting attempts

My current same name using streak is a lot longer than JAD's. Every
once in awhile I have made an adjustment in my name/identity, but
not for the purpose of evading kill files.

Old November 27th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

John Doe wrote:

My current same name using streak is a lot longer than JAD's. Every
once in awhile I have made an adjustment in my name/identity, but
not for the purpose of evading kill files.

****ing hypocrite, you're the asshole who always looks for "nym
shifting" and now you admit to using new IDs.

John Doe = Mark Bender

Address:

509 Frost,San Antonio, TX 78201

Tel:

(210) 734-310

Possibly was sexually abused as a child and has admitted to
contemplating the enticement of young girls over the Internet. Here's
the thread:

http://tinyurl.com/yct23p

Old November 27th 06, 11:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

A nym shifting proxy using netcop wanna-be troll.

See also:
"Agassi doped?" thickaspig****5000 yahoo.com
"Dubya = Satan" thickaspig****5000 yahoo.com
"evildead" krisraja yahoo.com
"GEORGE W SATAN" georgewsatan5000 yahoo.com
"Get a Clue Idiotas" clueidiota yahoo.com
"HANGBUSH" thickaspig****5000 yahoo.com
"Jack Russell" jrus1970 yahoo.com
"Munrow" munrow500 yahoo.com
"RAJA the real Emperor" krisraja yahoo.com
"Robbie" robvanzant email.com
"rock" bpgclm yahoo.com
"SPP" saurabhpathak1 gmail.com
"The Terminator" villainintown rediffmail.com
"Thick as pig ****" thickaspig****5000 yahoo.com
"Unemployed and bored" munrow500 yahoo.com
"Your God" krisraja cs.uh.edu
"Your God!" krisraja cs.uh.edu
"ZepFloYes" zepfloyes yahoo.com
bangera_ki_maa yahoo.com
bpgclm yahoo.com
bpgclm yahoo.com (rock)
clueidiota yahoo.com
emperorofusenet email.com
krisraja cs.uh.edu (Raja)
krisraja77 gmail.com
mahagraf yahoo.com
robvanzant email.com
valdea1961 gmail.com

Old November 28th 06, 06:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
WooHoo2You

"John Doe" wrote in message

My current same name using streak is a lot longer than JAD's. Every
once in awhile I have made an adjustment in my name/identity, but
not for the purpose of evading kill files.

"nym shifting troll" ring a bell? That is what you called me (and half of
Usenet), however I have not posted under a different name in YEARS. Likely
much longer then your current run.

--
WooHoo2You

Let me guess, you are going to say I am a troll then post my headers, or not
reply at all due to the fact you have no worn-out retorts that apply.