anybody know laptopsdirect.co.uk ?

Old August 26th 05, 10:12 AM
Lars Hansen

Default anybody know laptopsdirect.co.uk ?

Hello

I am considering to purchase a laptop from laptopsdirect.co.uk

Are they reliable?

Thanks )

Old August 26th 05, 04:09 PM
Paul Womar

Lars Hansen wrote:

Hello

I am considering to purchase a laptop from laptopsdirect.co.uk

Are they reliable?

I bought a Fujitsu Lifebook P7010 from them (lovely machine!) about 3
months ago. I called on Thursday afternoon at just after 3pm, they say
their delivery cutoff for orders is 3pm but I said it was urgent and
asked them if there was any way they could get it out for delivery
Friday as I was back at work on the Monday. After being put on hold for
a few mins I would told they deffinitely had stock and had time to get
it on the van so I placed the order. About 5pm I'm called by their
accounts dept to say the payment has been approved and the order is
fine. Obviously, it doesn't arrive the next day, nobody calls me but
the site says it hasn't been despatched. I call them up about midday
Friday and I'm told that their suppliers were having problems locating
the stock! I ask for a callback once they've found some. A few hours
later I get a call and after me making a minor fuss the upgrade me to
Saturday delivery for free and it arrives Saturday. So I was expecting
a lot from them, they basically lied a bit but didn't do a bad job of
sorting it out in the end. I can't say they were great but I'd consider
using them again.
--
- The email address used in this message *IS* valid -
Old August 27th 05, 12:03 PM
Carl Warnell

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:09:09 GMT, (Paul Womar)
wrote:

Lars Hansen wrote:

Hello

I am considering to purchase a laptop from laptopsdirect.co.uk

Are they reliable?

I bought a Fujitsu Lifebook P7010 from them (lovely machine!) about 3

I also used them to buy the same laptop (lovely machine: I should be
on commission as at least 3 people have bought them after seeing
mine). Had to pay for Saturday delivery as they wouldn't deliver
anywhere other than the cardholder's address. But good prices and good
service on the whole.

--
_____ . . |
Carl Warnell ' o/ FORE! . . |
Old August 28th 05, 10:08 AM
Snøøp¥

"Lars Hansen" wrote in message
. dk...
Hello

I am considering to purchase a laptop from laptopsdirect.co.uk

Are they reliable?

Thanks )

Bought 2 Toshiba A4's from them last week, service was excellent, got next
day delivery even after ordering laptops at 2pm.
Would recommend to anyone.

--

Thanks,

Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

www.heliocentric-lan.co.uk

Checked by McAfee anti-virus system www.mcafee.com
Version: 9.1 : Scan Engine 4.4.00
Virus Database: 4566 - Release Date: 24/08/2005

Old September 3rd 05, 06:05 PM
TimB

Bought a Toshiba M200 off them last year, on the grounds that I
couldn't see too many complaints about them on here, and they had a
phone number to shout at if things went wrong. Apart from City Link
failing to deliver on the Saturday as I'd paid for, all went well, and
LD refunded the Saturday delivery charge when I contacted them. I'd
happily use them again.