RMA for Samsung drives?

Old August 30th 05, 12:02 PM
ComPCs

Default RMA for Samsung drives?

I've contacted Samsung regarding returning a faulty SATA drive, and they
told me to call 0208 6050 581, which I did.

A woman answered the phone (no company introduction, just a "hello") and
when I explained what I had, she said to send an email to

I did a WHOIS lookup, and have seen the domain is registered to, but i'm
curious as to why a company who is associated in some way with a big
name like Samsung doesn't have their own web site at that domain, and
has not what I'd call an "IT" sounding business name.

I take it I noted down the correct email addy?

I don't want to look a lemon and phone this place up again, as I had to
get the woman to repeat the address 3 times as she sound of Far Eastern
origin, and I couldn't understand her!
Old August 30th 05, 01:50 PM
Rab C Nesbitt

"ComPCs" wrote in message
t...

I've contacted Samsung regarding returning a faulty SATA drive, and they
told me to call 0208 6050 581, which I did.

A woman answered the phone (no company introduction, just a "hello") and
when I explained what I had, she said to send an email to

I did a WHOIS lookup, and have seen the domain is registered to, but i'm
curious as to why a company who is associated in some way with a big
name like Samsung doesn't have their own web site at that domain, and
has not what I'd call an "IT" sounding business name.

I take it I noted down the correct email addy?

I don't want to look a lemon and phone this place up again, as I had to
get the woman to repeat the address 3 times as she sound of Far Eastern
origin, and I couldn't understand her!

Funny: Samsung web site at
http://www.samsung.co.uk/cgi-bin/ecu...%20Repair#need

says

"
What do I need if I need service? In the event that you should require
service assistance, please contact the dealer from where the product was
initially purchased.

If this is not possible, for example if you have moved home, please contact
the Samsung Customer Care Team on 0870 242 0303 - for Note PC, call 0870 601
0309 . Please have your full Samsung model number and serial number, date
and place of purchase and a brief description of the fault/ query ready when
contacting our Service Team.

If the product is outside the warranty period you should the Samsung
Customer Care Team for a chargeable repair.

If the product is covered by an extended warranty, you should contact the
dealer from whom this extended warranty was purchased (usually the same
dealer from which the product was originally purchased).

"

Or had you already gone down that route ???