clean1k utility

Old May 7th 08, 03:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
K2NNJ[_3_]

Default clean1k utility

Does someone know where I can download the clean1k utility. My resource CD
does not have it. I have a cleanstart program but I do not have a floppy
drive.

thanks.

Old May 7th 08, 03:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Old May 7th 08, 04:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Tue, 6 May 2008 22:43:43 -0400, "K2NNJ"
wrote:

Does someone know where I can download the clean1k utility. My resource CD
does not have it. I have a cleanstart program but I do not have a floppy
drive.

thanks.

Does this help?
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/instal...#delete_single
Old May 7th 08, 04:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
K2NNJ[_3_]

I have a cleanstart program but I do not have a floppy drive.

I have been having issues with XP MCE, so I want to do a clean install and
load XP Home. I always used the clean1k program after I use the debug
program. I checked the CD's dell sent me which I had hoped had the utility
on it but it only had the cleanstart util. which I have never heard of.

"Tom Scales" wrote in message

Old May 7th 08, 06:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Tue, 6 May 2008 23:32:37 -0400, "K2NNJ"
wrote:

Not really.

Ok. Did you consider using Fdisk? I don't normally mess with my
partitions if I'm just reinstalling my OS.
Old May 7th 08, 07:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
K2NNJ[_3_]

No and I don't want to. I have had good luck with the clean1k utility and
that is all I want to use.

Old May 7th 08, 07:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Wed, 7 May 2008 02:11:26 -0400, "K2NNJ"
wrote:

No and I don't want to. I have had good luck with the clean1k utility and
that is all I want to use.

In that case try Google.
Old May 7th 08, 11:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"K2NNJ" wrote in message
Does someone know where I can download the clean1k utility. My resource
CD does not have it. I have a cleanstart program but I do not have a
floppy drive.

thanks.

I have it on one of my older resource CD's.

You might dig around on the Dell FTP site. I just did for a few moments with
no luck. It's probably there, but packaged along with some other utility
under a different name: http://ftp.us.dell.com/

Old May 7th 08, 07:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Hi!

No and I don't want to. I have had good luck with the
clean1k utility and that is all I want to use.

I hate to sound harsh, but if you're that insistent, then meet the
system requirements. Try temporarily connecting a floppy drive to your
system.

Or...be a little more flexible and try something like DBAN. It would
take longer to run but will give exactly the same result as the Dell
tool. It can be run from a CD or memory key.

William

Best utility?? IBNFSHN[_2_] Dell Computers 8 June 17th 07 09:10 PM
ATI utility for Win9x? AlphaWoolf Ati Videocards 0 August 2nd 04 11:59 PM
OC Utility Ryan Nvidia Videocards 5 April 27th 04 10:17 PM
ATA utility? Rod Speed Storage (alternative) 0 August 19th 03 07:57 PM