OT--should I upgrade to IE 7.0

Old March 11th 08, 03:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Default OT--should I upgrade to IE 7.0

OK, I use IE 6.0.

When IE 7.0 came out I was reading about problems with it, so I didn't
upgrade.

However, it's been out awhile.

Any opinions about upgrading? Should I anticipate any problems in upgrading?

I know IE 7.0 is supposedly more secure than 6.0.

Mel

Old March 11th 08, 04:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Rich/rerat

MZB,
If you are using OE6, with an earlier version of Word, or Works Suite as
spellchecker, you may loose the ability to spell-check, in OE6.

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule

Old March 11th 08, 04:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

i think you should upgrade. ie7 is faster than ie6. and it has the tab
featured that so many people like 'barrowed' from firefox.
however i will give you these two warnings... 1) after you install it you
need to run windows update a few times to get all the critical updates
downloaded and installed 2) you will not longer be able to direct internet
explorer to a ftp site but instead will have to use 'my computer' to reach
ftp sites (annoying).

Old March 11th 08, 05:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

And use Firefox as ones primary browser! ... Ben Myers

Old March 11th 08, 05:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

OK. Also, is it best to upgrade to IE7 via Critical Updates?
(That's the one I've always supressed in previous updates)

Mel

Old March 11th 08, 06:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Johnson

And use Firefox as ones primary browser! ... Ben Myers

Good advice.
By the way Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1
is avaialable for the brave, adventureous, or crazy !
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../getitnow.mspx
It seems to work better than IE7, but Firefox still wins.

Best Regards,
Bob Johnson
Old March 11th 08, 11:45 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:06:24 -0400, "MZB"
wrote:

OK, I use IE 6.0.

When IE 7.0 came out I was reading about problems with it, so I didn't
upgrade.

However, it's been out awhile.

Any opinions about upgrading? Should I anticipate any problems in upgrading?

I know IE 7.0 is supposedly more secure than 6.0.

Mel

Sorry Mel can't say because I use Firefox . I only use IE6 when
certain sites aren't written correctly and do not browse correctly
with Firefox. In truth, I find this happening less often now so I
can use Firefox more often. As someone else pointed out, there is now
talk on the net of a beta IE8 but I know nothing else about it. I
agree with you that I had heard IE7 woes when it first came out but
have not noticed it more lately when reading tech stuff so perhaps
(I'm guessing to be honest here) that the woes have been fixed. I
don't read up on IE unless by accident because I prefer Firefox.
Old March 11th 08, 01:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Levine[_4_]

Ben Myers wrote:
And use Firefox as ones primary browser! ... Ben Myers

Amen!

Bob
Old March 11th 08, 02:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Levine[_4_]

Christopher Muto wrote:
i think you should upgrade. ie7 is faster than ie6. and it has the tab
featured that so many people like 'barrowed' from firefox.
however i will give you these two warnings... 1) after you install it you
need to run windows update a few times to get all the critical updates
downloaded and installed 2) you will not longer be able to direct internet
explorer to a ftp site but instead will have to use 'my computer' to reach
ftp sites (annoying).

I use Firefox with the FireFTP addin. Works just fine for my needs.

Bob