Asus A7V8X-LA HP

Old February 14th 08, 03:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des

Default Asus A7V8X-LA HP

I am bidding on the above in Ebay, but my concern is the last part of
the number HP the seller points me to a website for a spec. It is the
Hewwlet packard site. This number last part of the number is not
recognised by Asus. Is this a specialy designed board that won't work
in a built system?

Need an answere before biding ends

TA

Desmond.
Old February 14th 08, 03:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
S. Conrad[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:37:53 -0800, Des wrote:

I am bidding on the above in Ebay, but my concern is the last part of
the number HP the seller points me to a website for a spec. It is the
Hewwlet packard site. This number last part of the number is not
recognised by Asus. Is this a specialy designed board that won't work in
a built system?

Need an answere before biding ends

TA

Desmond.

Indeed it is. It is not a standard Asus board. Believe me... I have
one. Stay away from it. The restrictions are onerous.
Old February 14th 08, 04:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des

On Feb 14, 3:55*pm, "S. Conrad" wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:37:53 -0800, Des wrote:
I am bidding on the above in Ebay, but my concern is the last part of
the number HP the seller points me to a website for a spec. It is the
Hewwlet packard site. This number last part of the number is not
recognised by Asus. Is this a specialy designed board that won't work in
a built system?

Need an answere before biding ends

TA

Desmond.

Indeed it is. *It is not a standard Asus board. *Believe me... I have
one. *Stay away from it. *The restrictions are onerous.

Thanks for the Advise
Old February 15th 08, 04:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
KC

"Des" wrote in message
I am bidding on the above in Ebay, but my concern is the last part of
the number HP the seller points me to a website for a spec. It is the
Hewwlet packard site. This number last part of the number is not
recognised by Asus. Is this a specialy designed board that won't work
in a built system?

Need an answere before biding ends

I bought the Asus A7V8X-X (with an X on the end) a couple of years ago.
Don't know what the LA HP part is though.
Too bad there wasn't time before the bidding ended for you to ask the
seller.

KC

Old February 15th 08, 06:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

KC wrote:
"Des" wrote in message
I am bidding on the above in Ebay, but my concern is the last part of
the number HP the seller points me to a website for a spec. It is the
Hewwlet packard site. This number last part of the number is not
recognised by Asus. Is this a specialy designed board that won't work
in a built system?

Need an answere before biding ends

I bought the Asus A7V8X-X (with an X on the end) a couple of years ago.
Don't know what the LA HP part is though.
Too bad there wasn't time before the bidding ended for you to ask the
seller.

KC

Asus makes OEM boards for HP. A board like that, ending in the letters
"LA", could be an OEM board. You can use the HP search engine, to bring
up the web page with a picture of the motherboard on it. I notice there
are a couple HP web pages matching that part number.

The chipset is different than an A7V8X - it uses KM400A, which has
built-in graphics, and that isn't something you'd find on an A7V8X or an
A7V8X-X. It also only has room for two sticks of RAM. The FSB supports
FSB400, and DRAM goes to DDR333.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN

Asus may make them, but support comes from HP. If you want a BIOS update,
it comes from HP.

There are slight design differences in the boards made for HP.
There might be a different Super I/O controller, and different
fan control features. There might not be features to support
overclocking. And the PANEL header may not have standard pin spacing
on the various cables. (And for that matter, you'd have the joy of
figuring out the pinout. Is there a manual ? Not on the Asus site
of course.)

It would probably work fine for ordinary usage. If you were clever
enough to figure out which pins to connect the power switch to.

Paul

ASUS A7V8X-MX SE Ryan Asus Motherboards 1 January 29th 06 12:15 PM
Asus A7V8X RAM :[ Menas Asus Motherboards 10 September 20th 05 07:39 PM
ASUS A7V8X CPU DaveB Asus Motherboards 5 June 29th 04 09:56 PM
Asus A7V8X-X and Asus Radeon 9600XT not working kevin_taco Asus Motherboards 2 April 10th 04 01:30 PM
Asus A7V8X - where in uk? Hexhector Asus Motherboards 8 July 27th 03 10:47 PM