HDTV wonder? Whats the magic recipe to get this thing to work?

Old March 9th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_2_]

Default HDTV wonder? Whats the magic recipe to get this thing to work?

Any secrets to getting HDTV Wonder to work?

I have

Windows XP Pro with SP2
ATI 9800Pro 128mb video card
P4 2.8Ghz Prescott processor
Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
1 GB ram

All the latest drivers , MMC etc, hheeellllpppp!!!!!!

Old March 9th 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"GMAN" wrote in message
Any secrets to getting HDTV Wonder to work?

I have

Windows XP Pro with SP2
ATI 9800Pro 128mb video card
P4 2.8Ghz Prescott processor
Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
1 GB ram

All the latest drivers , MMC etc, hheeellllpppp!!!!!!

Order of installation. Cat7.1 or better and .NET Version2 if your going to
use the latest MMC. Would need some idea of the problem to give more
specific advice.

ati.com/install

Old March 10th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Aloke Prasad[_2_]

For Over the air digital broadcasts, use the free WatchHDTV :

http://watchhdtv.net/program.aspx

Old March 10th 07, 04:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_2_]

In article , "Captain Midnight" wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message
Any secrets to getting HDTV Wonder to work?

I have

Windows XP Pro with SP2
ATI 9800Pro 128mb video card
P4 2.8Ghz Prescott processor
Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
1 GB ram

All the latest drivers , MMC etc, hheeellllpppp!!!!!!

Order of installation. Cat7.1 or better and .NET Version2 if your going to
use the latest MMC. Would need some idea of the problem to give more
specific advice.

ati.com/install

Well i have followed all of the instructions to a Tee, in the proper order and
the proper revisions and i now can watch any of the sub channels that are
480i, but any of the 720P or 1080i HDTV stations (Main channels) come thru
black, only audio plays.

I am going to reboot now and try turning off Hyperthreading and see if that
works. But HHHeeelllppppp!!!!!

Old March 10th 07, 09:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message
[...]

Good idea. Some other things to try: Run DXDiag and check for problems. Set
or unset acceleration in CCCVideoAll Settings. Uninstall and reinstall MMC
and the encoder but don't install the parental control.

Aloke's suggestion to try WatchHDTV is a good one but I'd be surprised if
this doesn't show up in it too. The problem I had with the parental control
in 9.15 also showed up in WatchHDTV. Was getting a green screen on 1080i,
only, until left out parental control upon installing 9.16.

Old March 11th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_2_]

wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message
[...]

I was able to get Digital And HDTV 1080i and 720P to work by using an older
version of the CAT drivers, something like CAT 5.8 or semthinganother. So the
thing i feel is busting the HDTV wonder is the newer cats reliance on .NET
framework and ATI using that damn new control panel instead of the old one.

I do not want to use the slow 5.8 drivers so i am still going to experiment.

Old March 12th 07, 03:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message
[...]

I have 3 Athlon computers, 1 3000XP and 2 3200XP, each with a gig of
RAM. a 9600 pro video card and an HDTV Wonder. All are running 9.14
and the May 2006 video driver (same release date as 9.14). The 3000 XP
is not running CCC, just the display driver. The 2 3200XPs are using
CCC and .NET 1.1. All work fine. Any 1 machine can be in record and
simultaneously play out HD content (MPEG files) to the other 2 across
the ethernet cable. Pretty cool.

GG

Old March 12th 07, 07:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "Captain Midnight"

wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "Captain

Midnight"
wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message
[...]

For me Cat6.1 and MMC9.08 was the last stable setup for DTV. Neither Guide+
or TIitanTV works with it though. Guide+ works with 9.06.1. Guide+ and
TitanTV works with 9.13 and above. It's really the only reason to use it
with just an HDTV Wonder IMHO. I have an AIW9600XT & the HDTV Wonder, 9.16
does work but it's not as stable as I'd like and am considering going back
to a 9.0x version. Mostly because it supports the AIW better. I mostly use
WatchHDTV for digital. My problems may be because a 2.4GHZ CPU is borderline
for the 2 tuners. Usually don't have problems unless using analog and an HD
station.

It's my experience that anytime you go back in versions a manual cleaning
should be done. Also use it if repair install doesn't work after the second
try.

ati.com/install

Forgot, newer versions support the "Windows Media Video Acceleration".
Lowered CPU usage somewhat but didn't help stability in my system.

Old March 14th 07, 01:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Danny G.

"GMAN" wrote in message ...
Any secrets to getting HDTV Wonder to work?

I have

Windows XP Pro with SP2
ATI 9800Pro 128mb video card
P4 2.8Ghz Prescott processor
Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
1 GB ram

All the latest drivers , MMC etc, hheeellllpppp!!!!!!

I use ATI MMC and XP MCE on mine with the HDTV wonder and x1300.
Work's ok for me so here is my install list.

DirectX 9
..NET Framework 2.0 and updates

7-2_xp_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_41238 (CCC 7.2)
6-1_hdtv_83-2036_wdm (WDM)
9-14_mmc_uci (DAO)
atiCDwiz (Decoder)
6-12_xcode_38463 (Encoder and stuff)
9-16_mmc_enu (MMC 9.16)
3-03_rw_enu (Remote)

I've noticed anything under 90% signal strength and mine will
do things like change channels slow or worse with a weak signal.

Have over 100 megs of free disk space I assume.

I installed and then uninstalled .NET 3 with out it causing any problems
that I have noticed as well for what it's worth.

GL
Dan