Linksys NAS200 questions (general questions about RAID 0, 1)

Old August 6th 07, 01:04 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Aloke Prasad[_2_]

Default Linksys NAS200 questions (general questions about RAID 0, 1)

Anyone using this?

I have some questions before buying:

1. Will I be able to share a printer attached to the USB port of NAS200?
It appears that the answer is No. Any NAS controllers that allows
printer sharing?

2. This device allows for 2 drives in RAID 0 (stripe) or 1 (mirror)
configuration. What happens if the NAS200 craps out on me at some point
in the future? Will I be able to access my data by attaching the 2 SATA
drives to some other RAID controller?

I am wondering how to set up a NAS on my home network so that I am
covered if there is a hardware failure or network failure.

Is there a NAS drive (like Maxtor, or WD's) or controller (like NAS200)
that has ethernet AND USB connectivity?

Ideally, if the network is down, one would simply connect the NAS drive
or box to a PC with a USB cable and get access to the data.

Is that do-able with any available device?

Thanks.
Aloke
------
remove invalid and the numbers to email

General Questions about RAM joosie General 4 September 7th 05 08:23 PM
General ink questions Brian Printers 1 September 2nd 04 11:15 AM
General Overclocking Questions BRH Overclocking 11 August 6th 04 11:24 PM
SATA drive questions + raid questions O |V| 3 G A General 17 September 29th 03 11:28 PM
SATA drive questions + raid questions O |V| 3 G A Homebuilt PC's 17 September 29th 03 11:28 PM