unknown hardware

Old August 10th 06, 03:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Injun-ear

Default unknown hardware

I'm playing with Windows Vista Beta 2 on my A8N5X mobo running an Athlon
dual-core 4200 and 1 GB ram.
Using the 64-bit version.

Vista keeps wanting to install a driver for some unknown hardware. Have no
idea what it could be since everything is working. I'm triple-booting with
WinXP, XP-64 and Vista-64. I don't get this notice in XP-64 or XP-Pro.
Anyone else have this and know what it might be?

Old August 10th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

"Injun-ear" wrote in message
I'm playing with Windows Vista Beta 2 on my A8N5X mobo running an Athlon
dual-core 4200 and 1 GB ram.
Using the 64-bit version.

Vista keeps wanting to install a driver for some unknown hardware. Have
no idea what it could be since everything is working. I'm triple-booting
with WinXP, XP-64 and Vista-64. I don't get this notice in XP-64 or
XP-Pro. Anyone else have this and know what it might be?
I don't see any driver releases for vista on thier site,not even 'beta'.

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...us&model=A8N5X
Take a look and see or disable the device until they release one.
C.

Old August 10th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Injun-ear

But how can I determine what it is?? I look in Device Manager and it just
shows me a question mark. No idea what it is. Properties don't tell me
anything. If there was a program that told us what the device is, then we
could look for drivers.

Old August 10th 06, 08:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Rob

"Injun-ear" wrote in message

I'm playing with Windows Vista Beta 2 on my A8N5X mobo running an Athlon
dual-core 4200 and 1 GB ram.
Using the 64-bit version.

Vista keeps wanting to install a driver for some unknown hardware. Have
no idea what it could be since everything is working. I'm triple-booting
with WinXP, XP-64 and Vista-64. I don't get this notice in XP-64 or
XP-Pro. Anyone else have this and know what it might be?

Only thing I could suggest is to Google the filename Vista is looking
for. Maybe you could get some insight as to what kind of device it is
that way.
Rob
Old August 10th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Roger Hamlett

"Injun-ear" wrote in message
But how can I determine what it is?? I look in Device Manager and it
just
shows me a question mark. No idea what it is. Properties don't tell me
anything. If there was a program that told us what the device is, then
we
could look for drivers.

In XP (rather than Vista), the 'properties' page, has a vendor ID, and
device instance ID number. When I played with Vista a little while ago, it
too gave the ID's. With the vendor ID, you can immediately 'narrow' the
field a lot, and with both, you should be able to match the numbers used
in XP, to identify the device.
The 'classic' devices that give this sort of problem in XP, are the WDM
drivers for Vivo TV cards.

"Injun-ear" wrote in message
I'm playing with Windows Vista Beta 2 on my A8N5X mobo running an
Athlon dual-core 4200 and 1 GB ram.
Using the 64-bit version.

Vista keeps wanting to install a driver for some unknown hardware.
Have no idea what it could be since everything is working. I'm
triple-booting with WinXP, XP-64 and Vista-64. I don't get this notice
in XP-64 or XP-Pro. Anyone else have this and know what it might be?

Best Wishes

Old August 11th 06, 01:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

"Injun-ear" wrote in message
I'm playing with Windows Vista Beta 2 on my A8N5X mobo running an Athlon
dual-core 4200 and 1 GB ram.
Using the 64-bit version.

Vista keeps wanting to install a driver for some unknown hardware. Have
no idea what it could be since everything is working. I'm
triple-booting with WinXP, XP-64 and Vista-64. I don't get this notice
in XP-64 or XP-Pro. Anyone else have this and know what it might be?

What is your configuration?Are you using raid,firewire

or Ide.Could be the raid drivers.If not using,disable in bios or install
drivers.

C.

Old August 11th 06, 01:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Injun-ear

I already had compared with my XP64 device manager. The only thing there
that's not in Vista is a "Nvidia network bus enumerator". I downloaded a
set of Vista 64 drivers from Nvidia's website, but so far none of them work.
Nothing pops up in XP64, I have all the drivers. And I have no TV card in
this machine. And I have the RAID disabled in BIOS since my HD is a
300 GB EIDE