A7V8X-X WITH 2500+ Barton

Old February 29th 04, 11:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
yaesu

Default A7V8X-X WITH 2500+ Barton

I have my chip set in Bios as :
cpu speed 1833
muliple 11.0x
cpu ext freq 166/33
I have 512Mb of PC2700 memory.

Could someone with similar setup advise if these settings are correct for
the Barton 2500+. Sisoft Sandra only rated my setup as Athlone 2400+.
Mant Thanks.
Dave.

Old February 29th 04, 01:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Ben Pope

yaesu wrote:
I have my chip set in Bios as :
cpu speed 1833
muliple 11.0x
cpu ext freq 166/33
I have 512Mb of PC2700 memory.

Could someone with similar setup advise if these settings are correct for
the Barton 2500+. Sisoft Sandra only rated my setup as Athlone 2400+.
Mant Thanks.
Dave.

Well I dunno what the 33 is in the CPU Ext Freq, but otherwise it looks
correct.

Did SiSoft rate it as a 2400+, or equivalent to a 2400+? In what test did
you see this?

What timings is your memory set to? WIth Cas3 I suspect your memory
bandwidth could be a little lower than their test, which might explain it.

Ben