new laptop purchase

Old July 19th 12, 05:42 PM posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Observer

Default new laptop purchase

Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.
Old July 19th 12, 11:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:42:04 AM UTC-5, Observer wrote:
Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

You should be able to get an i3 4Gb Inspiron 15R for $400 or less. From Dell that is.
Old July 19th 12, 11:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

Walmart Dell http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Diamo...337750&veh=cse
Old July 20th 12, 01:21 AM posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

I buy from the Dell small business outlet and find
pretty good machines there.

Latitude 6400/6500 seem to have a 3yr warranty.

Make up a small business name, if you don't have
one. For some reason they always want it.

Old July 20th 12, 06:09 AM posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

"Observer" wrote in
:

Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
luck.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+1...iron+Laptop+-+
4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5023069.p?id=1218608975854&skuId=
5023069

or

http://tinyurl.com/84hhnbu
Old July 20th 12, 12:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

On Friday, July 20, 2012 12:09:02 AM UTC-5, Boris wrote:
"Observer" > wrote in
:

> Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
> years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
> for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
> $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
> sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
> wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
luck.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+1...iron+Laptop+-+
4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5023069.p?id=1218608975854&skuId=
5023069

or

http://tinyurl.com/84hhnbu

I've had that one (bought from Dell) for a year...no problems. (Daughter's college notebook)
Old July 20th 12, 03:00 PM posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Observer

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:42:04 -0500, "Observer" wrote:

Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

Just a quick thanks for all the responses.
Old July 21st 12, 04:04 AM posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Larry[_12_]

On Jul 20, 8:00*am, "Observer" wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:42:04 -0500, "Observer" wrote:
Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
for the wife? *Nothing fancy in useage. *I'm looking in the approx
$500 or less range. *Prefer Dells to others tho. *Any recommended
sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? * I checked Dell's outlet and
wasn't impressed. *I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

Just a quick thanks for all the responses.

There are some dell laptops on Amazon as well.

Larry
Old July 22nd 12, 06:22 AM posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Observer

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 05:09:02 +0000 (UTC), Boris
wrote:

"Observer" wrote in
:

Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
luck.

After shopping around on line, I decided to not make a big project out
of it and went to BB to buy this laptop. Like you said nothing fancy
but it works. It's for my wife so it's plenty good enough for her
needs. Thank you Boris.

Laptop purchase UK Computer Vendors 4 June 29th 06 08:18 PM
Help with laptop purchase gardenia Dell Computers 3 July 17th 04 11:37 AM
Laptop Purchase? Si General 15 February 23rd 04 12:22 AM
Laptop Purchase? Si UK Computer Vendors 16 February 23rd 04 12:22 AM
Laptop Purchase wendy Dell Computers 3 January 6th 04 08:28 AM