CodemorFing notes

Old May 26th 04, 12:02 AM
Michaelo

Default CodemorFing notes

Have a good health.

I propose you some quotes of my article posted in comp.misc

====begin====

And I invent a conception of technology which I named "codemorfing"
(I read it as "coddemmo'rfin'g")
However I did not implement it and I was not able to do it.
[...]
Political situation in Ukraine was also hard.
[...]
I suspected that somebody is watching me.
[...]
I decided to do a horrible trick.
I planed to compose a good looking project of my ideas
and tell about it in several places.
[...]
So performance when it needed may be paid by performance when it do not
needed.
I named it "new conception of performance calculation for personal
computers",
I also compared it with accelerator level of the car.
[...]
Finally I read about the product of Transmeta(tm) in magazine.
I read MY IDEAS with MY thinking way with MY naming of them.
Yes I found a lot of changing with my original conceptions.
[...]
I think.
The algorithm of morfer which I described is not effective.
It of course allows to replace say 386 by PowerPC style CPU.
1. But it may not give sensitive gain.
After certain point it stops and do not accelerate any more.
It because what do you mean under "optimization".
You can not optimize whole program but just only piece each time.
To do such optimization effective you need to implement a special
way of optimization.

Of course, you can have few megabytes of pre optimized algorithms.
But in this case such computer may be turn in perfect player with only
button play,
which can not run formats which it does not know.
Same about engines in games, math. modeling, ect..
[...]
And second level unused functionality actually replace original
fragments
of algorithm by branches of algorithm where each new branch will be
just a case of fragment algorithm.
And vice versa, original fragment will be general case of each branch.
(So if for calculation of original fragment needed 100 clicks, why not
replace
it with two fragments where most frequent will be executed for 80
clicks.)
[...]
Oh, yes about branching, how to create it ?
Where it is obviously it's not a trouble,
but where it is no general solution you may experiment
I mean make an experimental branches in random order
(but functionally correct) and check their efficient during the
execution.
[...]
How translate sequential program on two or more processors ?
Again same conceptions of "new calculation...."
All processors are needed not always, and
for algorithms which in most cases consists of repeats of smaller
algorithms.
Abstract (take off) the loop, and push what remained on processors,
each with respective parameters, and with own loops and with threads
(links).
If there are a lot of loops leave only most useable of them.
In worst case you can divide a chain of instructions
on two or more OCCAM - like chunks.

But there's very interesting moment.
Morfer must fulfill very special function even with paralleled code,
it must restore functionality of program when
it became not able to be executed in parallel mode.
(Because of any reason, but mostly because of input data.)
After it change something in paralleling way.
Again you may use here experiments.
So, proper work of paralleling here must not to be guaranteed from the
beginning,
it's dynamic.
[-This missed in original text.-
Morfer in this case may change the way of distributing pieces of the
program
between processors, after each previous way became not effective or even
unable to be executed. Morfer may use presumptions that in that or other
way
program may be distributed effectively, and try them.
This way does not guarantee 100% effective distribution of sequential
program.
But may be effective in most of applications of personal computers.]
[...]
(if morfer embedded in OS). Gains of morfer in OS is another story.
I just can say that it may help not only with processor dependencies
but any hardware and in some cases software.
[...]
How that conception has came to them ?
I admit a telepathy and / or random play (twisting),

====end====

If you have any questions please contact me.
My eMail is
Unfortunately, I can not send a email but only read.

--Michaelo

P.S. If you was born in this country you are doomed.

Old May 26th 04, 12:14 AM
Michaelo

Michaelo wrote:

[...]

P.S. My full name is Michaelo Mitrofanov (Mykhaylo Mytrofanov)
and that asticle in comp.misc was named "Michaelo , Transmeta(tm)"