Apple ads banned in UK

Old November 11th 03, 04:53 PM
Yousuf Khan

Default Apple ads banned in UK

Old November 12th 03, 02:23 AM
Tony Hill

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:53:29 GMT, "Yousuf Khan"

I'm somewhat torn by this announcement. On the one hand I do agree
that the Apple ad was misleading and could easily be considered false
advertising. On the other hand, so is damn near every other ad I've
seen in the past decade, it seems odd that they single out Apple here.

Ohh well, at least now I won't have to worry about being blown through
the wall of my house the next time I use an Apple G5. :

-------------
Tony Hill
hilla underscore 20 at yahoo dot ca
Old November 12th 03, 08:33 AM
Yousuf Khan

"Tony Hill" wrote in message
.com...
Ohh well, at least now I won't have to worry about being blown through
the wall of my house the next time I use an Apple G5. :

Hell, I wanted to be blown through the wall. When I found out that the G5
can't actually blow you through the wall, well needless to say, I was a bit
disappointed. :-)

Yousuf Khan

Old November 12th 03, 09:38 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:23:52 GMT) it happened Tony Hill
wrote in
:

m wrote:

I'm somewhat torn by this announcement. On the one hand I do agree
that the Apple ad was misleading and could easily be considered false
advertising. On the other hand, so is damn near every other ad I've
seen in the past decade, it seems odd that they single out Apple here.

Ohh well, at least now I won't have to worry about being blown through
the wall of my house the next time I use an Apple G5. :

Tony Hill
hilla underscore 20 at yahoo dot ca

I think it is good, some person came to me some year ago with some
apple add, he wanted to buy, (and did) the fastest thing.
It was not any faster, but actually slower then a high end PC.
But that guy believed in it...
Now he has bought a PC...
Way cheaper especially if you need some special thing like video digitizer etc...
Steve Jobs had a way of exaggerating...