PC Security Thoughts (Hardware)

Old May 20th 08, 03:28 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

Default PC Security Thoughts (Hardware)

Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Old May 20th 08, 04:07 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Palindrome

Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Any yacht chandler will be able to make them up to the length required.
You probably want ESFSSWR (extra special flexible stainless steel wire
rope) with Tellurit splices.

You haven't said what your worries are - different solutions lend
themselves to whether you don't want them stolen, don't want them
opened, don't want them moved, etc.

One extreme:
My local pound shop sells laptop cable with locks for, yes, a pound
each. Just drill and file-out a hole in the desk (or the pc) and use them.

The other:
A steel box, bolted to the desk/floor - into which the pc is put and
secured.

--
Sue
Old May 27th 08, 11:56 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:07:32 GMT, Palindrome wrote:

Mike wrote:
[...]

Know any online cheap yacht chandlers?
Old May 28th 08, 12:27 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Palindrome

Mike wrote:
[...]

Cheap, no. IME, Government Surplus is the best place for ESFSSWR bulk
cable, if you can find one with some stock. They also do anti-fouling at
an excellent price. The good stuff, that isn't available from chandlers..

--
Sue

Old June 3rd 08, 11:19 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On 20 May, 15:28, Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Hi Mike,

I believe we have a product which may meet your requirements :-

http://www.kpcomputerstore.co.uk/sho...ram=cid%3D9%26

Mark,

Old June 4th 08, 03:38 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:19:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On 20 May, 15:28, Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Hi Mike,

I believe we have a product which may meet your requirements :-

http://www.kpcomputerstore.co.uk/sho...ram=cid%3D9%26

Mark,

Its for the base units rather than the notebooks so its just cable and
padlocks we need.

We do have some of those notebooks locks you mention.
There was one time we forgot the combination. It took all of 3
seconds to snap it off the notebook. We damaged the notebook case but
it came straight off. They really should make those notebook locks
with larger/stronger pins imo they really are a joke to get off.

Old June 4th 08, 03:39 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:28:13 +0100, Mike wrote:

Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Still looking for this cable looped at both ends if anyone comes
across anything. tia

Old June 4th 08, 02:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On 4 Jun, 03:39, Mike wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:28:13 +0100, Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Still looking for this cable looped at both ends if anyone comes
across anything. *tia

http://www.discountofficeproducts.co...6f0652b7b2f83c

6mm steel braided cable.
Only seems to come in 1.2M lengths, but at a very reasonable £5.44.

Mark

www.kpcomputerstore.co.uk
Old June 11th 08, 12:25 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:16:25 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On 4 Jun, 03:39, Mike wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:28:13 +0100, Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Still looking for this cable looped at both ends if anyone comes
across anything. *tia

http://www.discountofficeproducts.co...6f0652b7b2f83c

6mm steel braided cable.
Only seems to come in 1.2M lengths, but at a very reasonable £5.44.

Mark

www.kpcomputerstore.co.uk

Thanks Mark. You've given me the correct name to search on so i
should now be able to find exactly what i need. many thanks
"Braided steel security cable"

Hardware based security solution. Review required!!! rohit Storage & Hardrives 8 September 16th 06 05:40 AM
adm x2 thoughts Thumperdude Overclocking AMD Processors 3 April 3rd 06 06:23 AM
New PC - thoughts? LD General 3 July 17th 05 07:22 PM
Hardware security. OM General 3 May 5th 05 11:13 AM