Logitech Quickcam messenger VISTA software

Old April 15th 07, 05:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
ben

Default Logitech Quickcam messenger VISTA software

I just installed vista home premium on one of my pc's.
As I installed the software for my webcam from the logitech CD, I did get
the message that the software had known issues with vista. Should contact
logitech.

In Live messenger, the cam is working ok without anu logitech software, but
I need a way to make snapshots with my cam as i could do with the old
logitech software.

Can anybody advice me to some freeware snapshot photosoftware that allows me
to make snapshots with my cam? Simple as that.

Ben

Old April 15th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
PM[_2_]

ben wrote:
I just installed vista home premium on one of my pc's.
As I installed the software for my webcam from the logitech CD, I did get
the message that the software had known issues with vista. Should contact
logitech.

In Live messenger, the cam is working ok without anu logitech software, but
I need a way to make snapshots with my cam as i could do with the old
logitech software.

Can anybody advice me to some freeware snapshot photosoftware that allows me
to make snapshots with my cam? Simple as that.

Ben

Check out this link.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...contentid=6361
Old April 15th 07, 07:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
ben

"PM" schreef in bericht
ben wrote:
I just installed vista home premium on one of my pc's.
As I installed the software for my webcam from the logitech CD, I did get
the message that the software had known issues with vista. Should contact
logitech.

In Live messenger, the cam is working ok without anu logitech software,
but I need a way to make snapshots with my cam as i could do with the old
logitech software.

Can anybody advice me to some freeware snapshot photosoftware that allows
me to make snapshots with my cam? Simple as that.

Ben

Check out this link.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...contentid=6361

I did find that one, but it is, as far as i can see, just a reminder prog
that lets you know when something new (versions) of software is available.
But it is not functional beyond that. It cannot make any snapshots as I want
to...

More tips?

Old April 15th 07, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
ben

"PM" schreef in bericht
ben wrote:
I just installed vista home premium on one of my pc's.
As I installed the software for my webcam from the logitech CD, I did get
the message that the software had known issues with vista. Should contact
logitech.

In Live messenger, the cam is working ok without anu logitech software,
but I need a way to make snapshots with my cam as i could do with the old
logitech software.

Can anybody advice me to some freeware snapshot photosoftware that allows
me to make snapshots with my cam? Simple as that.

Ben

Check out this link.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...contentid=6361

Even mo

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...wareid=132 56

So Logitech does not support this cam under vista, so i need a 3th party
solution i guess?
Any ideas?

Old April 16th 07, 10:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Ben

"PM" schreef in bericht
ben wrote:
[...]

Install Pryme webcam.

http://www.hilo.dk/pryme

It's free and can do everything you want.

|)
|_)en

Old April 22nd 07, 01:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
ben

Install Pryme webcam.

http://www.hilo.dk/pryme

It's free and can do everything you want.

|)
|_)en

Thanks, this does everything I want EXCEPT I cannot make snapshot using the
pushbutton on top of my logitech cam. I have to use the pryme menu or
shortcut key instead. And I definitly also want to use the button on the
cam.

More ideas?

thx
B.
Old April 22nd 07, 04:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Si Ballenger

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:03:02 +0200, "ben"
wrote:

Install Pryme webcam.

http://www.hilo.dk/pryme

It's free and can do everything you want.

|)
|_)en

Thanks, this does everything I want EXCEPT I cannot make snapshot using the
pushbutton on top of my logitech cam. I have to use the pryme menu or
shortcut key instead. And I definitly also want to use the button on the
cam.

More ideas?

Sounds like you will need to use software/drivers provided by
Logitech to make use of the button on the cam.