Driver for ati 4870.

Old September 11th 10, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
bernard8950[_8_]

Default Driver for ati 4870.

I've just bought an ATI 4870 card (Iwas an Nvidia card user, but not
anymore) and I don't know where to get the latest driver to download. I
would be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction please?
Also, which is the best driver version I should consider downloading.
Thanks.

--
bernard8950
Old September 11th 10, 10:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Nuser

On 11/09/2010 19:15, bernard8950 wrote:
I've just bought an ATI 4870 card (Iwas an Nvidia card user, but not
anymore) and I don't know where to get the latest driver to download. I
would be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction please?
Also, which is the best driver version I should consider downloading.
Thanks.

ati.com

Latest version from there (10.8), generally you dont have to swap
drivers as much as with the fiasco nvidia puts it users through.

Old September 16th 10, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chuck

On 9/11/2010 5:44 PM, Nuser wrote:
On 11/09/2010 19:15, bernard8950 wrote:
I've just bought an ATI 4870 card (Iwas an Nvidia card user, but not
anymore) and I don't know where to get the latest driver to download. I
would be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction please?
Also, which is the best driver version I should consider downloading.
Thanks.

ati.com

Latest version from there (10.8), generally you dont have to swap
drivers as much as with the fiasco nvidia puts it users through.

There is also a "hotfix" for 10.9 that applies to a 4870. 10.9 was made
available on ATI's web site a few days ago.
Old September 16th 10, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Carl

? There is also a "hotfix" for 10.9 that applies to a 4870. 10.9 was made
available on ATI's web site a few days ago.

Steam will update ATI drivers now. They added that in the last update.